. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    AHA ! Clive awesome.. just seen the picture on the listing ..thanks mate as always .. going to go with that setup and play around :)

Attachment 19680
    They do get an unfair bad press but if you keep within the current rating they are fine and at that price you can always buy a spare.

Remember not to disconnect a motor when powered up as this will let the magic smoke out.

Good luck
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

My little play kit is an arduino with a TB6560 to drive a stepper and a couple of relays. Project 1 is the Air/Spray/Mist cooler idea and project 2 is a spindle cooler with a small liquid volume closed circuit with a pump and radiator, controlled by a thermocouple in or on the spindle. This would also display the spindle temperature.

Here's a photo of the bits - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01921.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	710.3 KB 
ID:	19681

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    AHA ! Clive awesome.. just seen the picture on the listing ..thanks mate as always .. going to go with that setup and play around :)

Attachment 19680
    ...and to clarify, you just need one of those pulse generator modules, which can drive three of the cheap stepper drivers. That way, all three motors will run at the same speed.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    My little play kit is an arduino with a TB6560 to drive a stepper and a couple of relays. Project 1 is the Air/Spray/Mist cooler idea and project 2 is a spindle cooler with a small liquid volume closed circuit with a pump and radiator, controlled by a thermocouple in or on the spindle. This would also display the spindle temperature.

Here's a photo of the bits - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01921.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	710.3 KB 
ID:	19681
    Well the project I'm working on is to start with an analogue mechanical machine. I have a couple of arduino + PWM boards and a robotics setup for RasPi.. ATM want to KISS the project. But if I can get it off the ground then I'll definitely be asking you for more advice on adding a more accurate control system, especially to steadily increase the RPM's. Heats not a problem as it has a water dripper for cooling. I'll use the spare DC motor controller and attach it to a small 3 inch fan to cool the other controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    ...and to clarify, you just need one of those pulse generator modules, which can drive three of the cheap stepper drivers. That way, all three motors will run at the same speed.
    Already order :)
    TB6560 CNC 3A Router Single 1 Axis Controller Stepper Motor Driver Module
    ( 301199977453 )

Quantity: 3

Stepper motor driver controller Speed Regulator Pulse Signal Generator module
    ( 252475644118 )

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information