. .
    I have converted an old Conect121 lathe electronics form BBC to Linuxcnc on a PC. I have used the orginal steppers and the old powersupplyboard. The new breakout board and TB6560 stepper drivers are working OK. I have also use the old DC motor and its driver board but am using a pot for speed setting, I am hoping to link this into the Linuxcnc in the future. I now want to design and build a router to cut wooden clock wheels. I have no experience of machine building hence my starting on this group.

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I have converted an old Conect121 lathe electronics form BBC to Linuxcnc on a PC. I have used the orginal steppers and the old powersupplyboard. The new breakout board and TB6560 stepper drivers are working OK. I have also use the old DC motor and its driver board but am using a pot for speed setting, I am hoping to link this into the Linuxcnc in the future. I now want to design and build a router to cut wooden clock wheels. I have no experience of machine building hence my starting on this group.
    Hi MalcH welcome to the forum,

Well done on the Conect121 lathe conversion, the best place for you to start is located in the Gantry/Router Machines & Building section of the forums, this will be a great place for you to start because not only will you immersed in all the information someone looking to build a machine for the first time may need but you'll also be in the right location to discover some of the machine build logs from other members and they really will whet your appetite!

Don't be to intimidated in asking any questions you may have, we're used to answering all types of questions, love doing it and enjoy being able to help others.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress when ready
    .Me

Thanks for the welcome and advice Lee. I will no doubt have several questions before my build is complete.

Thread Information