. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MPH100 View Post
    This might help I am getting 23.5v across the FOR connector on the vdf when I press jog.
    MPH100 if you bought the ESS and BOB from me get in touch and I will do my best to help.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Have set decel quite high and under mdi stops quick it is the same under jog and program.
    Hey are we talking about the spindle or Motor tuning here.? They should have no affect on each other.

Jog should not affect the spindle in anyway what so ever. Similiar in MDI only commands that should affect Spindle is M3/M4/M5 and S (speed).

Asked before can you post picks or show drawing of exactly how you connected because something is very wrong.

Also Either show how you have Mach3 setup or Zip up your XML file so can take look.

Thanks George I got my ESS from you but the bob was from a mate after he had done a upgrade.
    It will be my dodgy wiring or a fault on the bob.
    Mick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1160.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	19730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1160.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	19730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voltage issue.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	19731
    I have tried to upload xml file but keeps failing.
    I have done some more checking and the relay on the bob switches when any of the jog buttons is pressed I cannot work out how the relay is controlled.
    Thanks for your reply

The Bob needs a 5v connection from the PC. There are terminals to take the PC side of the power and a USB connector also. If you do not connect up 5v from the PC the opto couplers will not work properly.

I can't see that connection on your photos.

Here's a link to the Bob manual in my dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1fha65o2p...rd-EN.pdf?dl=0 Just in case you haven't got the document.

Cheers !

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 29-11-2016 at 02:30 AM.

I had similar problems/ still have/ due to bad earth link between my equipment, whatever that means. A direct wire that connects the VFD drive Earth to the PSU Earth that powers the BOB solved problem. Have seen reports that same wire to PC Earth/PC body/ could cure the problem also.

Switch spindle on, set to 16000rpm and do try that.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thanks Boyan will give that a try at the weekend.

Well have spent Saturday morning trying various things no joy so before I get magic smoke time to cut something will save up for a CSMIO/IP-M me thinks.

Well have spent Saturday morning trying various things no joy so before I get magic smoke time to cut something will save up for a CSMIO/IP-M me thinks.
    You need to upload your xml file etc like Jazzcnc has asked. Have you tried to upload via the advanced option.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Please reassure me that you have the PC side of the BoB connected to ground and 5v from the computer (using the USB cable or the teminals bottom left in your photos)

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 03-12-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information