. .

Thread: syil x4

been talking to syil uk thinking of buying an x4 seems to be the only option for a proper mill in the uk
    at present I have warco vm 16 converstion no problems but would like something a bit more rigid
    any advice welcome
    thus machine would be used to make model steam engine parts

many thanks Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    been talking to syil uk thinking of buying an x4 seems to be the only option for a proper mill in the uk.
    many thanks Geoff
    Geoff, When you say a Syil X4 do you mean a manual machine to convert or a CNC mill.

The reason I ask is that that Syil are the whores of the machine market and pitch their products on unsuspecting buyers.

For a start the Syil X4 is what everyone else knows as the SX3, the SX4 is a massive machine which they don't carry. At the moment only Axminster carries this model. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...l-drill-505107

Compare the spec of this one to the Syil so called X4

Then compare the nearly identical spec of the SX3 from ARC to the offering from Syil and they are virtually identical.
    John S -

John,

Siyl are not Seig.

Siyl Uk is Amadeal if I am not mistaken. Machines are ok in terms of castings and the price as per their site is reasonable.

Geoff,

worth reading up on them on cnczone.com
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

hi John
    sorry the machine I am looking at is a syil x4, plus it is a purpose built CNC machine, not a conversion, sold by Armdeal.

thanks Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    John,

Siyl are not Seig.

Siyl Uk is Amadeal if I am not mistaken. Machines are ok in terms of castings and the price as per their site is reasonable.

Geoff,

worth reading up on them on cnczone.com
    I know of them quite well. Bad press is greater than good press. There is a recent post on this forum where a new owner can't get his working correctly and no support.
    John S -

john

don't now where this post is?
    but they have a tech guy Robert
    who I have talked to who will come and set the machine up for you
    if you ring hugh at syil he will give you the number
    I really just need to known will these machine cut metal
    has anyone used one ?
    I have talked to users with good feed back

thanks Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I know of them quite well. Bad press is greater than good press. There is a recent post on this forum where a new owner can't get his working correctly and no support.

Original post is Syil-X4-Plus-E-stop-issue.

As I understood from the post, that new owner does not own a new one, in fact quite an old one. I know that Syil electronics were not the best as they used Tonman BoB and Drivers at some stage. That is the same control box electronics that a company in Devon sells or used to sell, so they must be crap.

The real problem is that Syil have changed their electronics more often than some engineers change their underpants, so you will only know what is in the box when you look. It also appears that the previous owner of the machine in question has fiddled with the machine, so anything is possible.

Most of the chinese origin machines available originate from Weiss (http://www.weiss.com.cn/), and people like Warco, Axminster, Chester, Amadeal just order them up painted in their particular colours and badged accordingly. It would be interesting, if I had the time, to look at the various websites and make a spreadsheet of the equivalent machines and prices. It probably would show a remarkable coincidence, and who you buy from would be just down to your perception of value and service.

I know that Amadeal have given me good service in supplying parts to allow me to do mods to my lathe, and I cannot imagine that they would shirk on customer service in their Syil dealership role.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 30-11-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I have previously compared some of the models in terms of specs, and most do vary. In the past I've compared various SX2 size models, and the G0704 sizes.
    Things like slightly differing amounts of travel in axis, different spindles, different spindle motors, and even machines with very similar specs look visually different in photos.
    I suspect lots come out of the same factory, but they all get customised to some extent for each purchaser.
    John probably knows these machines far better than most on here, especially Sieg machines.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Original post is Syil-X4-Plus-E-stop-issue.

Most of the chinese origin machines available originate from Weiss (http://www.weiss.com.cn/), and people like Warco, Axminster, Chester, Amadeal just order them up painted in their particular colours and badged accordingly.....
    True, and then there are some that actually go to the factory that Weiss buys from
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Thread Information