Hi All

Introductions - Reminds me when we had to do it as apprentices and one bloke got up and said "My name is Steve, I like fiddling about with motor bikes and going out with girls but not necessarily in that order."

Anyway my name is Robert I am a professional woodworker, (bit posh actually self employed bloke in a shed, making a living from wood)

Previous life of engineering, MOD apprentice served metal turner, Degree in Mechanical Production Engineering, 20 years in food industry engineering and production management.
Redundancy (Best thing ever) then last 18 years in a shed.

I wish to be educated in the ways of the force (CNC) so that I can build a CNC Router of my own. (I could buy one but what’s the fun in that)

I think I have a grasp of the mechanics of CNC but the electrics/computer side is a mystery to me.

The Forum has been a great help already to me. (Not just the CNC stuff). So I thank you all in advance of helping me with my build.

I have, I think completed the first two rules required to build a cnc machine.
Rule 1 - Spend no money on the project - I'm not a Yorkshireman but apply the same principles.
Rule 2 - Learn Sketchup and produce model of machine for everyone to laugh at.

Before I head over to DIY Router Build Logs to start here are some pictures of things I want to make on my CNC Router. (Really just checking I can up load pictures)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Nest Tables .JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	19739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dovetail detail 32mm.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	19740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9152.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	19741