. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Ok Neale thanks for the reply, I'm trying to get to a point where I can screw in a 3/8" bolt to the bush after I've ground the head off and fit it into a chuck capable of taking up to 13mm. if that makes sense ?
    Sorry but I have to ask again - what 3/8" thread? If it's an old bolt, then it might be (imperial) BSF or BSW, newer might be (unified) UNF or UNC. Might, just, if it's a bit sloppy on its OD, be M10, depending on how accurately you have measured it. You might end up having to buy a matching tap and making it yourself, unfortunately, unless you have a kind forum member nearby with a lathe and good set of taps!

Edit - I see that you've more or less reached that conclusion!
    Last edited by Neale; 02-12-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Sorry but I have to ask again - what 3/8" thread? If it's an old bolt, then it might be (imperial) BSF or BSW, newer might be (unified) UNF or UNC. Might, just, if it's a bit sloppy on its OD, be M10, depending on how accurately you have measured it. You might end up having to buy a matching tap and making it yourself, unfortunately, unless you have a kind forum member nearby with a lathe and good set of taps!

Edit - I see that you've more or less reached that conclusion!
    Screw Size: 3/8" UNF x 1.1/2" long Thats what I found will fit in the chuck , thats why I thought it would fit in the bush.. that sounds naughty lol :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may have come up with a cunning plan :)
    I found these Push Fit Stem Adaptors they may be strong enough for what I need , but if not I can cut off the stem and tap out the nut.. may work but hey I love a challenge :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may have come up with a cunning plan :)
    I found these Push Fit Stem Adaptors they may be strong enough for what I need , but if not I can cut off the stem and tap out the nut.. may work but hey I love a challenge :)
    You maaaaay be asking a lot from Acetal, but you could always put a steel rod down the centre and bond it in.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    You maaaaay be asking a lot from Acetal, but you could always put a steel rod down the centre and bond it in.

Cheers,

Rob
    Shit ! I thought they where steel FFS ..cancel that order then :(

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shit ! I thought they where steel FFS ..cancel that order then :(
    Sorry mate - they may be metal, but most of the ones I have seen are acetal. I would give Bob or Chris at Context a ring and check it out. You could always use a brass hosetail ??? - Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 03-12-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Sorry mate - they may be metal, but most of the ones I have seen are acetal. I would give Bob or Chris at Context a ring and check it out. You could always use a brass hosetail ??? - Rob
    It does say Plastic, I have canceled them . They are a bit steep if plastic as you can get a the same size stainless steel for £3 and they come in at £2.50 ?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information