. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Ok Neale thanks for the reply, I'm trying to get to a point where I can screw in a 3/8" bolt to the bush after I've ground the head off and fit it into a chuck capable of taking up to 13mm. if that makes sense ?
    Sorry but I have to ask again - what 3/8" thread? If it's an old bolt, then it might be (imperial) BSF or BSW, newer might be (unified) UNF or UNC. Might, just, if it's a bit sloppy on its OD, be M10, depending on how accurately you have measured it. You might end up having to buy a matching tap and making it yourself, unfortunately, unless you have a kind forum member nearby with a lathe and good set of taps!

Edit - I see that you've more or less reached that conclusion!
    Last edited by Neale; 02-12-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Sorry but I have to ask again - what 3/8" thread? If it's an old bolt, then it might be (imperial) BSF or BSW, newer might be (unified) UNF or UNC. Might, just, if it's a bit sloppy on its OD, be M10, depending on how accurately you have measured it. You might end up having to buy a matching tap and making it yourself, unfortunately, unless you have a kind forum member nearby with a lathe and good set of taps!

Edit - I see that you've more or less reached that conclusion!
    Screw Size: 3/8" UNF x 1.1/2" long Thats what I found will fit in the chuck , thats why I thought it would fit in the bush.. that sounds naughty lol :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may have come up with a cunning plan :)
    I found these Push Fit Stem Adaptors they may be strong enough for what I need , but if not I can cut off the stem and tap out the nut.. may work but hey I love a challenge :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I may have come up with a cunning plan :)
    I found these Push Fit Stem Adaptors they may be strong enough for what I need , but if not I can cut off the stem and tap out the nut.. may work but hey I love a challenge :)
    You maaaaay be asking a lot from Acetal, but you could always put a steel rod down the centre and bond it in.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    You maaaaay be asking a lot from Acetal, but you could always put a steel rod down the centre and bond it in.

Cheers,

Rob
    Shit ! I thought they where steel FFS ..cancel that order then :(

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shit ! I thought they where steel FFS ..cancel that order then :(
    Sorry mate - they may be metal, but most of the ones I have seen are acetal. I would give Bob or Chris at Context a ring and check it out. You could always use a brass hosetail ??? - Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 03-12-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Sorry mate - they may be metal, but most of the ones I have seen are acetal. I would give Bob or Chris at Context a ring and check it out. You could always use a brass hosetail ??? - Rob
    It does say Plastic, I have canceled them . They are a bit steep if plastic as you can get a the same size stainless steel for £3 and they come in at £2.50 ?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information