. .

Thread: Igus Drylin-T

Hi!

Has anybody experience with the Drylin-T system? It seems to have similar load rating as a chinese linear rail. Any reason not to use it?
    http://www.igus.eu/wpck/2200/DryLin_T_Heavy_Duty

/Sebastian

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've not used it, but I always thought the Igus linear systems were not really aimed at high accuracy. They're more aimed at positioning systems where a bit play is allowable, and have to work in less than ideal conditions, where not only would a full linear rail system be overengineering, it would also suffer from the poor operating conditions.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I have yet to see a sliding plastic that will not stick to rail, or if it does not stick - to have no play. What better reasons? I had been trying in the past to develop this and did not succeed. Enough reasons?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information