. .
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and trying to gather some info about retrofitting a new controller to my AXYZ 6010 router, 3mx2m machine.
    I've read a few threads and the CS Lab controllers seem to have a lot of followers, however is worth paying more for a more industrial controller, what would be worth upgrading too?
    I'm a small sign company and the router is an important part of my business, I have another router a Gerber AR600 belt drive 3x2m as backup.
    I need a pendant control aswell as the computer is not near the machine.
    Cheers
    Martin

Welcome Martin.

First why retrofit is the old one bust.?

Secondly you need to detemine what type of motors and drives are being used. If servos then you need to identify if Analog or Step/Dir Drives are used.
    Lots of older machines used Analog DC drives which limits your options slightly. If Dc Analog then might want consider doing full Retro fit and use AC servos with Step/Dir drives and Controller to bring into 21st Century.

I Only Fit Cslabs Controllers and they are Excellent controllers. However for full Industrial strength machine with simple needs, which this is, then I'd look to the east and Fit Industrial strength controller which doesn't require PC.

Most of the Cheap Higher end controllers will fit your needs but if was me I'd pay little more and go for Adtec or GK controller with better support.

However you'll need to identify if Analog drives first because most common Modern controllers are Step/Dir only. You'll need to Spec for Analog if intending to use existing Analog drives.

Hi Dean,

The router is working, however AXYS only support this model mechanically, they don't offer electronic support without a full cnc upgrade, big dollar!
    So before things go pear shaped as they do, I'd like to get informed and prepared, so it's not the end of the world when things go wrong.
    The other thing is I do love to tinker, like all the other self builders do on here

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If you can post up some good quality photos of the control cabinet internals, along with anything that looks like model/part No.s, then I'm sure we'll be able to advise on what's currently fitted, and the possible options for a retrofit.
    While things are working, if you've got time and not already got a wiring diagram, it's probably worth starting to make one. Trace where wires go, and what they do. It means that when the time comes, you've got a head start on wiring in a new controller.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information