. .
    Hi there,

Looking for some advice for an issue with an E-stop on my Syil X4 Plus.

with the spindle running, hitting the e-stop will stop the spindle but all axis can still move...releasing the e-stop instantly starts up the spindle again!

Also, I cant get the e-stop to show in the diagnostics page in Mach 3, the limit switches show up fine. I'm very reluctant to run the machine with no e-stops on the drives!

I have absolutely zero electrical knowledge, and very little experience with mach 3, really would like to get this up and running as its just sitting there at the moment...some brief points of where I'm at if this helps..

-Mach 3 doesn't see the e-stop as being pressed on the diagnostic screen - could this be the first place to fault find?

-Spindle will stop in both manual and CNC mode, but has no effect on any axis, spindle starts up again when button released.

-It has a SmoothStepper board in the machine

-I think I have an older model machine (its the blue one) unsure of the year

-I have taken the SmoothStepper and the 5 axis control board out of the machine (is this the breakout board?) to check for loose connections, but everything is tight

-I've tried tapping relays for welded contacts...no joy...

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers
    Keith

If you have an electrical diagram check to see if their are any relays associated with the estop because it sounds like something is stuck in the closed position when it shouldn't be......but this is just a guess because im not familiar with your machine or its electrics.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Certainly sounds like something stuck, or it's just never been wired suitably.
    If there's not a wiring diagram available, then you're going to have to create one to figure out what needs fixed/changed.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    How about posting some good pics of the cabling and control box etc.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-h View Post
    -Mach 3 doesn't see the e-stop as being pressed on the diagnostic screen - could this be the first place to fault find?
    I presume that you have checked the port and pin used for e-stop. I would guess that the circuit is wired so that the normal operation is with the pin grounded. So a break in the circuit would force an e-stop. It also sounds as though the spindle relay is controlled by the e-stop. It looks like a previous owner has had a play with the wiring.

On the Mach3 diagnostics screen do any indicators change state when you operate the e-stop switch ?

Cheers,

Rob

btw is this any help ? http://www.syiluk.com/#!about/vstc5=links/downloads
    Last edited by cropwell; 28-11-2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Add pdf file

If the machine has been in transport then it may be worthwhile checking that the cables have not been damaged, shorting them out etc. If the relays are a pluggable type then try pulling them out and reinserting them.......
    Last edited by camhguh; 28-11-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Problem with Syil machines is they have no decent support or documentation with them.
    They change specs with no warning.

I have trouble shooted a few but to be honest they are hard work , the wiring leaves a lot to be desired and really it's best to go back to basics and start again.

The Smooth stepper models are virtually unsupported as Syil didn't do any documentation and the support from Warp9 the smooth stepper peopl is pathetic.
    John S -

contact hugh at syil and ask for Roberts no. hes there tec guy

Keith

Sent you a pm regarding E Stop fault.

Thread Information