. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I am not into math but the way I see it is that you could put the tool holder into a known dia. hole in a piece of thin stock to measure the top di. then it would be easy to measure the distance to the bottom. Just my 2p worth.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I think Boxford and Coventry used to collaborate previously(at least) on toolholders.
    I seem to remember a chap talking about some Coventry toolholders for his VMC190, and i think it`s the same toolholder.
    Still havent got any answer from Neville at Coventry yet though.
    The Coventry Easy Change system was fitted to lots of machines, however it doesn't use a pullstud, which is why my money is on some form of Boxford specific custom holder.
    Boxford aren't exactly renowned for using established standards.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    The Coventry Easy Change system was fitted to lots of machines, however it doesn't use a pullstud, which is why my money is on some form of Boxford specific custom holder.
    Boxford aren't exactly renowned for using established standards.
    The presence on the Boxford holder of the locking ring groove in the same place as on the Coventry holder when with a pull stud it isn't required makes me suspect the Boxford is a modified Coventry, anyone conversant with, say the BT30 holders would recognise that the slot is redundant and that it would be absent on a fully custom-ordered part ;-)
    Also there are the suspiciously thin walls above and below the tool changer disc slot, intriguingly designed to fit into the standard Coventry holder drive disc size and position :D

I'll put a fiver on the Boxford being a modified Coventry
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Got answer from Coventry today.
    The toolholders are custom made for Boxford.
    Production stopped in 2012, but they can make them at 156£ each with the groove. However, i strongly belive it's the same as their standard Easychange toolholder(without the groove).
    I will order 1 and check similarity with the ones i have. For nearly 60£, i could could even fix that groove myself in my lathe.
    The pullstuds however is a Boxford product according to Coventry.
    Will have to make them myself ��

Jurassic Tools have an ER32 Coventry Easy Change in stock at a good price -

http://www.jurassictools.com/store/s...se=easy+change

- Nick

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Jurassic Tools have an ER32 Coventry Easy Change in stock at a good price -

http://www.jurassictools.com/store/s...se=easy+change

- Nick
    Jepp, noticed but they are out of Stock on the EC-ER32-050, and they don`t have the EC-SM22-015 :-(
    But i noticed Engineering Supplies in Hamilton got it in Stock at a good price(approx 76£).
    They even have the 22mm Spigot Easy Change Shell/Face Mill Adaptor(believe its the same as the Coventry EC-SM22-015) in Stock at 87.44£.
    Any experience with that company?

http://www.engineeringsupplies.co.uk...?page=1&menu=1
    Last edited by Proteus; 21-12-2016 at 12:57 PM.

I bought several holders from Engineering Supplies, their shipping was fast and their service was excellent, it's a shame Tony is out of stock of the ER32, I was going to buy another from him for me for Christmas,

- Nick

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I bought several holders from Engineering Supplies, their shipping was fast and their service was excellent, it's a shame Tony is out of stock of the ER32, I was going to buy another from him for me for Christmas,

- Nick
    ive bought and used Easychange collets from Engineering Supplies, Weldon type. work fine in my VMC190. Now, getting the M8 pull studs from Boxford can be pricey enough - £22.17 plus VAT plus Delivery (probably crazy for Northern Ireland)!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information