. .
    I've got the X6-2200L from omio CNC. It's basically a 6040 with hiwin rails and ball screws I believe.

I've had it awhile but not been using it for long, I spent awhile the other week tramming the spindle only to notice humps on my top surfaces and steps along the side walls the last few days. I spent a few hours tramming it again tonight but to me it seems futile, shimming behind to tram front to back is fine but left to right, there is play in the spindle mount, the spindle mount is just 4 M8 bolts with not a lot of play to manoeuvre it as far as I can tell the only way of getting any sort of meaningful adjustment is by putting the spindle in lopsided. Sticking the spindle in the mount straight and letting it square itself it's almost 1mm off!

The problem is just pushing it lightly by hand is enough to throw it off, cranking on the collet nut for a tool change throws it off, god only knows what happens when it's actually cutting something.

How are you guys doing it and keeping it straight?
    Last edited by Snapper; 03-02-2017 at 09:01 PM.

I think your best bet is to re-engineer to eliminate the issues rather than trying to compensate for them,
    Regards,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Can't make silk purse from Sows Ear.!! . . . . .Simply get it the best can be and live with it. . . . Or sell the Pile of Pig Shite.

Yeah, kind of thought that myself

I've got an idea to improve it, I'll get it drawn up in cad at some point to see what you all think.

Thread Information