. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here's an introduction to a new project that Ger21 (Gerry) has been working on, It's a screenset for UCCNC, which is a CNC control software program from CNC Drive.

Currently being beta tested, and hopefully available soon, It's designed to be run on a HD monitor, adding auto zero and probing functionality along the way.

.Me

This looks cool, makes things a lot less cluttered if you don't happen to need all 6 axes that UCCNC supports. Does anyone know if it will work with the AXBB-E integrated controller/BOB please?

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    This looks cool, makes things a lot less cluttered if you don't happen to need all 6 axes that UCCNC supports. Does anyone know if it will work with the AXBB-E integrated controller/BOB please?
    Gerry still posts here frequently so probably best for him to answer!

Funny you should dig this post up - I have just started installing and testing UCCNC and am on the verge of buying the 2017 screenset, but it doesn't state compatibility with the latest version... Is there any chance you can update us on the current situation Gerry?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I missed this.

Here's the deal.
    If you install the 2017 screenset with an AXBB-E, it won't work. The reason is that each controller actually has it's own screen, and the AXBB-E did not exist when I created the screenset.
    I have a screen file that works with the AXBB-E, that uses a copy of the UC300ETH-UB1 screen, but the diagnostic page is not correct.
    But there are some other issues involved here.
    The AXBB-E requires the latest test release of UCCNC, which contains a lot of features that are not supported by the 2017 screenset. It **should** work OK, but you won't be able to use any of the new features.

I'm working on a new screenset that will support the AXBB-E, and the next full release of UCCNC. But I can't finish it until the actual version is released, as new features keep getting added with each test release.
    One other thing to note, is that the next release of UCCNC contains a very thorought probing plugin, which is integrated into the screens. This will NOT be included with my next screenset, due to the way the plugin and screens were done.
    But my screen will have it's own probing routines, which I plan on expanding, to be better and more powerful.

And I do have an AXBB-E, which I'll be using for testing the new probe routines.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Sorry guys, I missed this.

Here's the deal.
    If you install the 2017 screenset with an AXBB-E, it won't work. The reason is that each controller actually has it's own screen, and the AXBB-E did not exist when I created the screenset.
    I have a screen file that works with the AXBB-E, that uses a copy of the UC300ETH-UB1 screen, but the diagnostic page is not correct.
    But there are some other issues involved here.
    The AXBB-E requires the latest test release of UCCNC, which contains a lot of features that are not supported by the 2017 screenset. It **should** work OK, but you won't be able to use any of the new features.

I'm working on a new screenset that will support the AXBB-E, and the next full release of UCCNC. But I can't finish it until the actual version is released, as new features keep getting added with each test release.
    One other thing to note, is that the next release of UCCNC contains a very thorought probing plugin, which is integrated into the screens. This will NOT be included with my next screenset, due to the way the plugin and screens were done.
    But my screen will have it's own probing routines, which I plan on expanding, to be better and more powerful.

And I do have an AXBB-E, which I'll be using for testing the new probe routines.
    Thanks for t he heads up Ger.
    cheers
    Andrew

Just a heads up that I finally have the 2017 screenset replacement finished. There may be some minor bugs that I'll be fixing as they are reported.

http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html

I sent out an email with a link to all the 2017 screenset users. If anyone didn't get the email, contact me vie email.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Just a heads up that I finally have the 2017 screenset replacement finished. There may be some minor bugs that I'll be fixing as they are reported.

http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html

I sent out an email with a link to all the 2017 screenset users. If anyone didn't get the email, contact me vie email.
    Gerry,
    That looks really good. I love the tool setter functions.
    Will I still be able to use the standard UCCNC plugins? I use the X-Box 360 plugin for a pendant.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Yes, you can still use any other UCCNC plugins with it.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Yes, you can still use any other UCCNC plugins with it.
    Will there be / is there, a screen available for a carousel atc?
    Would top it off if there was something that looked like the one you get in pathpilot.

I haven't built an atc unit yet but is a future plan to.

I left a page in the screen to prove some yet to be determined ATC support.

The next version of UCCNC is supposed to have slot numbers in the tool table to facilitate ATC macros.
    Once that version is released, I'll start looking into what I'm going to do.

I don't think it needs to be carousel or linear rack specific, as both do basically the same thing. Unless you want to manually do specific caraousel operations.

Feel free to tell me what you'd like to see. And be very specific.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information