. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am re-vamping a plasma table that I bought from a chap who scratch built it. It all works very well, and I have re-housed his existing AM882 stepper drivers and Purelogic (Russian) Ethernet to Parallel, and BOB and torch height controller in a more robust manner - it all still works (phew!)

I have added an 'under hood' and huge downdraught fan as a direct crib of DaveK0974's design (with his permission) and now I want to control the fan via MACH3 - the BOB has three uncommitted relay outputs, one of which I've connected to drive a beefier relay to control the fan (65 cu M / Min !!!)

However I'm failing to understand the (to me) obscurities of the manual for the BOB (attached) - I'm no MACH-3 expert and would ask if anyone who has more MACH-3 experience could interpret what they are saying re: the relay outputs as there seem to be too many perms and comms for my poor old brain to understand. Ideally I want to turn the relay on when the cut starts, and turn it off a predetermined time after the cut ceases, but just to turn it on and off would be nice :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PLC4x-G2_eng.pdf  
    Last edited by AndrewMawson; 02-01-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's not just you!

From what I can work out, the relays share control with the stepper controls, but SW3-5 allow you to disconnect the relays, and there is an option to use Relay3 via the coolant timer system. However I can't see anywhere that actually tells you what pins control the relays.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

The pins to control the relays are on page 8 in the table I have one of these bobs it take a bit of getting used to but they are good.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Clive, this is good news as I've not come across anyone confessing to have one !

My system is using 4 axis (as A is used as a slave) - so in simple idiot proof terms, (remembering that I've not been able to interpret that table), what do I need to do to drive one of these relays on and off from G code or otherwise ? Presumably there are links and DIP switches as far as hardware is concerned, then some set up in MACH-3 ?

I'd much appreciate your input.

I'd much appreciate your input
    You have said you have one relay connected is this the one you want you are having trouble with?

I have not altered my setup for some time so am a bit rusty on the BOB but I will get back to you tomorrow after I have checked it out re the pins.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Yes Clive just the one relay, which I can connect to any of the three relay output contacts of the BOB.

I am unclear how Mach treats these outputs. Is it by M code, do I need to write a diddy bit of code or what?

Thread Information