. .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi, I sell a similar machine to the warco and am currently designing a sort of plug and play CNC kit with pro quality hardware that does not need you to machine the castings. If you are interested let me know.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Incidentally, I'm going to direct drive the Z axis... belts are just another link in a chain imo.
    You have lot to learn Mr.!! . . And your not going to learn anything except how to waste money if your going to ignore advise from VERY VERY VERY experienced builders.

Motor size isn't all about speed and Belts are in no way weak link.!! . . . . Now suggest if your not prepared to listen then you go away quitely and research out why two experienced builders have used Smaller motor and Belts on larger machines.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-01-2017 at 06:51 PM.

My vote goes to: belts are not to be afraid of and that, for the machine, Nema 24's are fine.

Spend more money on quality than size.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Yes I'm sure I have lots to learn and I'm looking forward to doing in the critical eyes of all the experts here! But the motors are bought and paid for so they are going in, direct drive similar to Hoss's machine plans in the US. Afterwards when I've played with my choice of motors, controllers, software and bobs I can re-use them on the steel frame router I want to build. So unless someone wants to donate some nice quality Nema 24s then live with it. I will.
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:28 PM.

So unless someone wants to donate some nice quality Nema 24s then live with it. I will.
    Ar@$ H@£% You won't get much help here with that attitude and with those size motors your planned router will be shite as well.!! . . . Crack On.

Thanks for your permission!

I'm sensing a lot of hostility here! Chill out who gives a flying f@*k if this machine isn't the most efficient machine in the universe. Have a cup of tea and try to get things in perspective!
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Yes I'm sure I have lots to learn and look I'm forward to doing in the critical eyes of all the experts here! But the motors are bought and paid for so they are going in, direct drive similar to Hoss's machine plans in the US. Afterwards when I've played with my choice of motors, controllers, software and bobs I can re-use them on the steel frame router I want to build. So unless someone wants to donate some nice quality Nema 24s then live with it. I will.
    Have you actually read his site because he use nema 23 I wonder why.

Its not us that has to live with it its you. Looks like you are pissing a lot of people off.
    Last edited by Clive S; 03-01-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks for your permission!

I'm sensing a lot of hostility here! Chill out who gives a flying f@*k if this machine isn't the most efficient machine in the universe. Have a cup of tea and try to get things in perspective!
    Your Welcome.!!

We try to help people here from making mistakes and one way to do that is by pointing things out whether the OP likes to hear it or not.?
    Reason we do this is because even if the OP is Arrogant Arse and won't listen there are many more who see this and do listen so won't make the mistakes the Plonker OP DID or WILL DO.!!

Don't Be Plonker try listening and you'll learn something.! . . Make my Tea strong, no Sugar I'm sweet enough . .

Yes but this will be an honest log of a build using these motors. I got them for £60 including drivers and power supplies. I'm not pissing anyone off I'm trying to describe a build for good or bad. It's information. So like I said they are not ideal but they will work, I imagine, and enable me to make parts for a bigger 8x4 router I want to make. I'm sorry if you don't like it but that's how it is you don't need to get so riled up because I'm going my own way!

I edited the initial post to clarify that this mill drive motor combination may not be ideal so that others don't attempt to copy this design without following the thread to it's conclusion.
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:53 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to noyloj For This Useful Post:

Whatever.

Don't bother with my tea, don't drink the piss.
    John S -

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information