. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi CNCKitMan, it's just our experience of people coming on here saying they're going to make a really cheap CNC Router that can cut hard woods and aluminium etc. etc. (not saying you're claiming to be able to cut that...) They generally fade away after a couple of posts.....like this one....as the feedback given isn't what they're looking for.

If you look at my build log you'll see that I started out with the idea of making one really cheaply out of aluminium square tube and skate bearings and it's ended up slightly different after much learning, listening and discussion.....if you've found the magic formulae for making a cheap useable CNC router then we're all ears as that's the Holy Grail of DIY CNC..... Don't take this as a personal knocking, it's just our experience of building and running DIY CNC Routers...hence why the response about cutting icing :)

All the best...
    Last edited by njhussey; 03-01-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Nah make total sense now! thanks for the background. I'm looking not to disappear as i'm SURE I've overlooked something.

I've prototyped some of the components that i want to use but waiting on the post man for my grooved bearings.
    Do you have a working CNC? if so what would it cost me to have some parts cut?? My actually wood working skill level is NONE or near None. I have stupid ideas hourly and with no way of taking them from either detailed or non detailed drawings. I thought a CNC routing table would/could solve this issue for me maybe other too.

Most people would rather build a good cnc machine, rather than a cheap one.
    And the ones that start out building a cheap machine, then go on to build a good one, when they see the limitations of the cheap one.
    You get what you pay for.....
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Yeah Good Vs Cheap Good wins everytime. i'm looking at good + Cheap.

Thread Information