. .

Thread: Cheap N Easy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    How about some pics, anything in cad yet?
    Yeah I have a few SVG of what I'd like to do.
    But been playing with concepts before I spend any more money. Have taken some photos of my mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170106_214834.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	20260

Name:	20170106_214818.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	20262
    Bad pictures yes. 2nd x axis rail not in use atm.
    But it will have one. Y axis both rails in place.
    Last edited by CNCKitMan; 06-01-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Double photo

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Well its different, it will be interesting to see it cut
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Well its different, it will be interesting to see it cut
    Well she moves real smooth. But it's nowhere near put together. It's literally clamped down.
    Waiting for couplings as had to test with cordless drill. Which worked a treat.

From the look of your sprockets and chain you'll not be doing anymore cycling...😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    From the look of your sprockets and chain you'll not be doing anymore cycling...😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Rofl

4x free wheel sprocket £2 or free of you have shed load of spare bits like I do. As for bike rides here's a pic of my little bike. Also the results of stupid tinkering.

Name:	IMG-20160829-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	20280

The tricky thing with chain drives is that the smaller sprockets give you terrible cogging and the larger sprockets give you enormous travel per rev requiring expensive low backlash gear boxes to get any king of resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    The tricky thing with chain drives is that the smaller sprockets give you terrible cogging and the larger sprockets give you enormous travel per rev requiring expensive low backlash gear boxes to get any king of resolution.
    Totally get that! Been doing countless searches on Sprockets and sizes to see what method would be best to resolve travel distance to rotation. Thinking i'd use some sort of gearing to compensate.

small drive cog on stepper to a large cog attached to my "control bar" which would equal a zeroing out of the exterior cogs that connect to the chain.

How about some pics, anything in cad yet?

Name:	moch.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	20285

OK so i'm real crap at using sketch up.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    If you are serious at this you could design in Fusion360 it is free for hobby use, a big learning curve but it has CAM built in so you could use for generating the gcode later on.

There are plenty of tutorials on it. like https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Alt9yzBIp84sD8
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information