. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That looks like drove the tool into material on positional move rather than trying to take cut. Did you simulate the toolpath to check for any crashes.?
    Its the same path as the previous cut. The first one was done a bit slower. The stock dimensions are less than what was programmed, that's why it cuts a bit of air but it does look like it 'plunged' but it did path is the same cut as the first vid (just reset the zero and went again).

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I think I have another 8mm roughing mill. Will setup a toolpath that that goes around the square with constant contact and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Its the same path as the previous cut. The first one was done a bit slower. The stock dimensions are less than what was programmed, that's why it cuts a bit of air but it does look like it 'plunged' but it did path is the same cut as the first vid (just reset the zero and went again).
    But did you move the stock so it thinks in different place or possibly didn't zero Y axis exactly right because to me it looks like it's doing positional move and thinks stock edge is in different place to where actually is. The fact the tool path retract distance when moving is so close doesn't allow much room for error.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    But did you move the stock so it thinks in different place or possibly didn't zero Y axis exactly right because to me it looks like it's doing positional move and thinks stock edge is in different place to where actually is. The fact the tool path retract distance when moving is so close doesn't allow much room for error.!
    Nope. Just Z. I'll do another on the weekend.

Hi All,

Just as a way of update from the OP here are two related videos - one for Fusion 360 CAD/CAM and one for the entire cutting job, with successful adaptive clearing using 6 and 4mm 3 flute roughers @ 10 and 5mm DoC respectively:

Hopefully the more aggressive cutting has me off of the "cruelty to cutters" watch list ;)
    Last edited by Washout; 07-01-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Hi All,

Just as a way of update from the OP here are two related videos - one for Fusion 360 CAD/CAM and one for the entire cutting job, with successful adaptive clearing using 6 and 4mm 3 flute roughers @ 10 and 5mm DoC respectively:

Hopefully the more aggressive cutting has me off of the "cruelty to cutters" watch list ;)
    Awesome, nice result there.

Thanks Chaz,

I need to add in some single flute cleanup passes for the scalloping the adaptive cutting leaves, but it came out nicely for what I need it for.

Looking good but when that really usefull guy shows up tell him the noise isn't the bed moving or hard/soft spots it's the tool rubbing because the Adaptive stepover is little aggressive for that portion of the Arc where it goes from Thin to Thick or vise versa. ( you'll notice it's always in corner or tighter Arcs)
    I get the same noise with i-machining and it's why I don't go so aggresive on the stepover. Having more coolant will reduce the noise, mostly because lowers the rubbing affect, but lowering step over is best if doing it in lots of areas.

It's an horrible noise that scares the shite out you because like feels playing russian roulet with cutter.!!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-01-2017 at 10:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information