. .
    Hiya every one,

I'm really wanting to add cnc milling to my 3D printing hobby.
    I design all my own parts in inventor 17 and now have a project in mind which requires aluminium and/or brass parts.

I am getting used to the programming of tool paths etc using fusion360.

But I want to get a machine. So I thought the MF70 from proxxon ready to run CNC. But it's abundantly clear it isn't ready to run as there is no controller with it. Asked the seller but they don't know.

Does any one know where I can get a controller for it. (Ready made)

Many thanks

Becky

Ps: if you're curious about what I do please check out my Facebook page RC-Truck-Design
    RC-Truck-Design
    https://www.facebook.com/Rc-truck-de...6492732390662/
    The imagination is the only limitation

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    But I want to get a machine. So I thought the MF70 from proxxon ready to run CNC. But it's abundantly clear it isn't ready to run as there is no controller with it. Asked the seller but they don't know.

Does any one know where I can get a controller for it. (Ready made)
    I am not so sure if it has ball screws so I would check that out before parting with any money.
    Last edited by Clive S; 04-01-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

That's a right cop out, selling a machine with no controller and no link to get one as they know that a decent controller will close to double the price given a PC and monitor.

Plus if they are anything like the manual one I have for drilling circuit boards they are a joke.
    John S -

Hiya,

Thanks for the insight.

if they aren't up to scratch then I will pass on that. Don't want to start learning the practical cnc with dodgy gear.

I will keep an eye out and see what else there is. The Chinese y3040 column style has potential but haven't had much review on it but from what I've read and seen from buyers it's not too bad.

Many thanks

Becky
    RC-Truck-Design
    https://www.facebook.com/Rc-truck-de...6492732390662/
    The imagination is the only limitation

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It would help if you stated you budget. I understand you only want to mill light brass and ali on small parts is that correct.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Reigate, Albania. Last Activity: 24-04-2018 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 34. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I used to have a home-converted Proxxon MF70 so might be able to help. What do you have with it and what do you not? As long as you have 3 working stepper motors you probably need a control board, a PC and a copy of Mach3 or LinuxCNC. There are various options on the board depending on whether you want to go for cheap or quality.

The MF70 is a nice mill if you're happy doing very small stuff. It doesn't have ball screws but is a bit small to need them to be honest.

Thread Information