. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

2. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Thanks. That frame and setup is almost identical to mine. My start buttons are on the side but its virtually identical.

I would buy a mini mill instead for that money. An used one. And fashion some pillar and stand if such big clearance is needed. Or hunt for a serious industrial one from a scrap yard. It should be more than 150-200 from there. In fact thats exactly what i did/ the mini mill with a round column/ and could not be more happier.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I would buy a mini mill instead for that money. An used one. And fashion some pillar and stand if such big clearance is needed. Or hunt for a serious industrial one from a scrap yard. It should be more than 150-200 from there. In fact thats exactly what i did/ the mini mill with a round column/ and could not be more happier.
    As mentioned it's exactly what I wanted, I know you can get them within budget but I never saw one, only those really cheap tacky looking Proxxon mills.

Big clearance isn't needed, just more than the 165mm my current one has. Bench top is ideal, floor standing is ok. 280mm clearance should be more than enough.

No floor space for a real mill, and to be honest it would be overkill for the usage it would get anyway. That said, when you have the tools, you always find something to use them for.

I need to make a decision on this sooner rather than later, the Warco drill is currently odds on.

Now its not the best time to buy such things. From experience. Only after a week or two things will start to show on fleabay. I personally bough near new BF-65 Hobbymat, and i know that could be had for the money you are willing to spend, around 500GBP. Now i only see a Clarke Metalworker CMD 1225C 240v Mill Drill Milling Machine for 800. Some patience and you will find the one
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 06-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

If you're in a rush and a one off, I have a floor standing Meddings Pillar in North Northamptonshire which you are welcome to use. About 3ft throat and accurate for 60 years old, used it to drill some 1mm dias other day. PM me if you need.
    T
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Quote Originally Posted by black5f View Post
    If you're in a rush and a one off, I have a floor standing Meddings Pillar in North Northamptonshire which you are welcome to use. About 3ft throat and accurate for 60 years old, used it to drill some 1mm dias other day. PM me if you need.
    T
    Thank you for the offer! I appreciate it. I last night shook hands with my friend who decided to part with his bema floor standing drill for what I think is a good price of £200. It needs a few small bits and bobs but nothin major.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information