. .

Thread: Hi there

I'm a new member to this forum hoping to share resources for my prototype build WARCO WM16 CNC retrofit. I've bought the Mill, leadscrews, drivers and motors and am looking at UC300ETH and breakout board to be run under MACH3 for control. Haven't yet decided on BobCAD or CamBam plus Cutviewer for software...

I stress this is a PROTOTYPE build and should not be emulated.
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Run far away from BobCAD.

Try Fusion 360.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Hi Gerry

Is this subscription software?

Jo

Yes, but it's free for hobbyists.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for that! I'll give it a shot... I ran BobCAD V24 a few years back when I built my little Proxxon mill, it seemed OK, a little buggy at first but they tailored it to my system and it seemed fine for my simple 2.5D needs afterwards... The Predator Post processor was not very special though as I recall...
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Thanks for that! How can I obtain it?
    Jo Have done any sort of research. Have you tried to google it http://www.autodesk.com/products/fus...vhsaAnfQ8P8HAQ
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Already did it and modified my post before you posted, thanks Clive! Unfortunately the sad old graphics card on my laptop doesn't want to play with Autodesk... New laptop? Simpler software?
    Last edited by noyloj; 03-01-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Thread Information