. .
    Or bad one for that matter.

Roland PNC-2200

This is what they look like

http://www.e-engraving.com/machines/...d_PNC-2200.htm

Or should do

Original control box has been dumped and replaced by a unit running off Mach 3
    The spindle and spindle motor has been removed but I think I still have it as it was replaced with a drag engraving head which has also since been removed and fitted to another machine but the poor sucker who has this, nay strike that and substitute proud new owner can see what was fitted from what is on another machine.

Now if that wasn't bad enough let me list why I stopped using it, if you have an hour or two that is.

It was converted to diamond drag some, nay loads, of stainless plates which it did great, really good quality given the head is moved in X and Y by a cable and capstan arrangement.
    Then one day it lost drive in the long axis X ? and work was transferred to another machine.

The fault could be two things.
    [1] the all in one 3 axis Chinese board has lost an axis. Easily cured by replacing it or fitting three of the £4 seperate Chinese boards which are far more reliable.

[2] The X axis stepper a type 17 has an inbuilt gear fitted to the end, this in turn drives a nylon gear on the capstan drum and it's probably lost a few teeth ?
    The Y axis is the same but the nylon gear has been replaced [ not by me ] with a stainless one so might need the same doing.

HPC at Chesterfield list this gear off the shelf so again not a hard fix.

I could sort this out but TBH once I have done this commercially I would need to recover more than this fine machine is worth.

So free to collect from NG10 but please don't have it to store, would be nice to use for a newbie to cut his teeth on given this can be repaired for under £20

PM, Email or phone 07966 376085 but be warned, tyre kickers and Reliant owners will be fed to the dog.

As I'm on my own and in and out all day and don't live where the workshop is please don't ask me to courier this. I don't have the time.
    Last edited by John S; 05-01-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    John S -

2. Wish your were in the USA. I would take it off your hands. I am a student just learning about cnc engraving and milling.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Or bad one for that matter.

Roland PNC-2200

This is what they look like

http://www.e-engraving.com/machines/...d_PNC-2200.htm

Or should do

Original control box has been dumped and replaced by a unit running off Mach 3
    The spindle and spindle motor has been removed but I think I still have it as it was replaced with a drag engraving head which has also since been removed and fitted to another machine but the poor sucker who has this, nay strike that and substitute proud new owner can see what was fitted from what is on another machine.

Now if that wasn't bad enough let me list why I stopped using it, if you have an hour or two that is.

It was converted to diamond drag some, nay loads, of stainless plates which it did great, really good quality given the head is moved in X and Y by a cable and capstan arrangement.
    Then one day it lost drive in the long axis X ? and work was transferred to another machine.

The fault could be two things.
    [1] the all in one 3 axis Chinese board has lost an axis. Easily cured by replacing it or fitting three of the £4 seperate Chinese boards which are far more reliable.

[2] The X axis stepper a type 17 has an inbuilt gear fitted to the end, this in turn drives a nylon gear on the capstan drum and it's probably lost a few teeth ?
    The Y axis is the same but the nylon gear has been replaced [ not by me ] with a stainless one so might need the same doing.

HPC at Chesterfield list this gear off the shelf so again not a hard fix.

I could sort this out but TBH once I have done this commercially I would need to recover more than this fine machine is worth.

So free to collect from NG10 but please don't have it to store, would be nice to use for a newbie to cut his teeth on given this can be repaired for under £20

PM, Email or phone 07966 376085 but be warned, tyre kickers and Reliant owners will be fed to the dog.

As I'm on my own and in and out all day and don't live where the workshop is please don't ask me to courier this. I don't have the time.

Sold to the first person who didn't want a courier
    John S -

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Sold to the first person who didn't want a courier
    I thought it was free?
    Just goes to show you just can't trust those Northerner types
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Sorry *Sold* as in gone, it was free but despite the advert saying no couriers the first three people wanted me to pack it and courier it.

I'm not in business to pack and dispatch things so first got to find a box, then packing material and when you have a big wood burner like mine boxes and packing last about 3 seconds.

Worst thing though is once the courier is booked you are given a day for collection so that means I have to stay in all day just to get this one parcel which was for free to start with.
    That means no emergency repairs or collect spares etc which is what my job is all about.

It's sometime easier to throw things in the skip than mess about.
    John S -

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I knew what you meant, but I know where you're coming from. Most hobbyists fail to grasp the whole 'time is money' thing.

I've had a PNC2100 sat on the bench for over a year now, but just have not had the time to do anything with it.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

My next one is a Roland PNC3100 quite a nice machine for a desktop type mill as opposed to router or engraver.
    Make a nice machine for the model railway guys.

Then a Conect ML10 based lathe
    Then a Conect Rhiston based mill
    Then a Myford VM-B
    Then a Sieg KX2 [ even though they never made one ]
    Then the first KX1 which now needs a refit
    Then an Orac but that's to keep and finally
    That releases the Sieg KC4 lathe
    John S -

Thread Information