. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    But Jazz, surely you can always buy new parts afterwards? ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I will consider all my options before I cut the saddle! There really is no need to be so abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Now your going to find out why being arrogant Knob isn't clever idea because could warn you about what your about to do.!! . . . . . But won't because you won't listen.
    That's just the kind of advice I need! I don't know why you bothered to write anything! It is a complete failure of logic to imagine that just because I want to use Nema34 motors that I got cheap that I somehow am incapable of hearing anything else. It's depressing.

Now I'm totally confused! Is it technically possible or not? Hahhahah!

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    That's just the kind of advice I need! I don't know why you bothered to write anything! It is a complete failure of logic to imagine that just because I want to use Nema34 motors that I got cheap that I somehow am incapable of hearing anything else. It's depressing.
    Got nothing to do with if you use motors or not, I couldn't give flying fuck if honest. But it does have everything to do that maybe you should consider the manner of your replys to people who are only trying to help or have your best interest in mind.! . . . . . Because one day all there experience may just provide the answer or advise that will save you £100's but they think Bolloxs to you Captain Klingon Knob.!!

Now just to show I'm not total Twat you think I am then be aware that those tables/saddles are like Golf balls.? Cut into them too much and they release tension like women with bad PMT..!! . . . Be afraid very Afraid.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 09-01-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Do you know why it's called PMT ?

Mad Cow Disease was already taken.......................
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Obviously he is warning you and again giving you a free advice. But it seems you are from the people that think that if 34 is bigger than 23 is better, stronger and faster. Are you by chance an American?

If you ask in forums then listen to the experience. If you know better, then why you are asking?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Got nothing to do with if you use motors or not, I couldn't give flying fuck if honest. But it does have everything to do that maybe you should consider the manner of your replys to people who are only trying to help or have your best interest in mind.! . . . . . Because one day all there experience may just provide the answer or advise that will save you £100's but they think Bolloxs to you Captain Klingon Knob.!!
    I really am sorry that you found my replies in the build log dismissive and impolite. I can assure you I did not mean to come over that way. Sometimes my mode of discussion is a little, shall we say challenging! But it's meant in good humour and despite what you may think I have taken on board everything that has been said.

Genuinely thanks for the advice as regards the latent forces in the table, I will not cut it at all if I can get away with it! And if I do so I will only remove the minimum especially so in light of your observations.

I incidentally have never cut into a golf ball... Although I have sliced up a few women with PMT...

Machining the castings is somewhat irreversible since the parts are hand finished to fit. You can just buy a saddle but you will need to get it reground and fitted which, unless you have all the equipment to do, is rather expensive.

Most cheap chinese castings are not stress releived, as Jazz has pointed out. That means if you take a cut on the parts, you are heading for trouble fast. I know....been there and had to learn to scrape.

That is why I am spending on custom parts, so people will not need to machine anything.

Now can we all just make up and get on with CNC talk?
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to komatias For This Useful Post:

Slicing into a golf ball is (well was 25 yrs ago) good fun if you get an old rubber wound one.....new composite ones are boring....😁

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to njhussey For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information