. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi. I am using mach3. I have set up the table limits in the software.yet when the g code is downloaded the work always shows itself outside the table display. This of course means I cant cut the work.what am I doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi. I am using mach3. I have set up the table limits in the software.yet when the g code is downloaded the work always shows itself outside the table display. This of course means I cant cut the work.what am I doing wrong.
    Terry Can you supply more info. Do you have home switches? Are you touching off and zeroing to the part on the table?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi.the machine does not have home switches.i zero the machine both touching x,y sides of work material and zeroing the drop in turn and the lowering the z axis until the mill end is a paper thickness from the material surface and then zero that axis.

How are you generating your gcode ie in the cad is the part at the X0 & Y0 postion.

put a sample of the gcode up. say the first 10 lines
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi. Find second problem. Reading up on homing the machine on the mach3 forum. The write up states.move the spindle to the center of the bed. Press ref all and zero the dro. Then zero machine goords. Both sections should now read zero on all axis. Then go to off sets and check its reading G54 and the axis are also reading zero. But I cant get the machine goords to zero, and the off set will not allow me to reset the axis readings or change anything bar the press the machine goords button and zero that dro, but then it returns to the off set reading. What am I doing wrong. The g code was made using vcarve.but I think its the offset problem that needs sorting.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    As I remember, you can only reset the machine coords DRO to zero if you have disabled all limit/home switches in Mach3. You then position the spindle to machine zero manually with the jog controls, then (I think) you hit "Ref All". I'm not absolutely sure about that last bit as I've only used it for testing when I was building my machine but I am pretty sure that you have to have all lim/home switches marked as disabled or Mach3 won't let you zero machine coords.
    Last edited by Neale; 06-01-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Thread Information