. .
    I'm thinking about adding a small metal-cutting bandsaw to the workshop. I've been using cut-off discs in an angle grinder to date, but it's slow, messy, and not very accurate. Machine Mart have one of their periodic "VAT free" sales on this weekend and I've been considering their smallest model. About 6"x4"/4.5" dia capacity, and although the vice looks a bit crude and fiddly to set up for angled cuts, the machine does have the feature of working in the upright position with a small table which many of the similar-size competition do not. The reviews don't look too bad - it's cheap, a bit flimsy, but capable of a reasonable job once properly set up. I don't have an awful lot of workshop space left, and I don't need larger capacity (he says now...).

Any thoughts from the community?

Thanks,

Can't help, but I'm in exactly the same position, so also interested in any experience? Also especially any info on running costs (blade cost) vs larger machines - false economy or not? and suitability for e.g. 3mm mild steel.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have one similar to this https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ZmS9K...e-Band-Saw.jpg

I like it because you can put it on a shelf when not being used as apposed the the floor model.

I am amazed at what it will cut I paid £50 for it second hand. it will cut 60 x 60 x 5 box easy and 60mm solid steel bar.

A friend of mine saw it working and bought the one you linked to and loves it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARCO-4-1-...8AAOSwnHZYbkv8
    Last edited by Clive S; 06-01-2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added link
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Ive got this one which is essentially the same....you've got to fiddle with it, shim the freewheel etc to get it cutting properly. You can also only cut something 4" wide upright else it hits the frame. Its ok but I'd not buy one again....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Thread Information