. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry to resurrect this one, but now as many members may have a 3d printer. If someone needs exact fit dust shoe for his machine, i can send custom STL, as i can draw it very fast as my design is parametric.
    Its on Thingiverse also.

So if you need , drop me a line with details and your email and i will send ASAP an STL / for free/ of a dust shoe your spindle size and your hose size.

Plus now i have 3 brush attachments, short, normal and bell like for using big surfacing cutters. All tested in production environment.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Boyan do you have a version that suits ATC. By that I mean one that is not fastened directly to spindle body and allows the hood to be retracted so tool holder can be accessed.?

I don't require one and I'm not asking for me, I'm thinking it would be another product to your line because they are not easily found and more and more people are using ATC spindles.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Boyan do you have a version that suits ATC. By that I mean one that is not fastened directly to spindle body and allows the hood to be retracted so tool holder can be accessed.?

I don't require one and I'm not asking for me, I'm thinking it would be another product to your line because they are not easily found and more and more people are using ATC spindles.
    If it has ATC a pause can be introduced before tool change, spindle stop, brush attachment removed by hand, tool change, attachment on, spindle on and follow.

But in real life the people that have tool change and use the shoe, remove the stripes or change to shorter attachment so tool change can be done. You know, some dust on table but not in the air, which is more important

I have had queries but at the end that's how we proceed, as above. Main problem on what you are saying is that most of the Z axis on most of the machines are not clean and well thought like mine or yours so there is always some obstruction that impedes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    If it has ATC a pause can be introduced before tool change, spindle stop, brush attachment removed by hand, tool change, attachment on, spindle on and follow.

But in real life the people that have tool change and use the shoe, remove the stripes or change to shorter attachment so tool change can be done. You know, some dust on table but not in the air, which is more important
    That's defeats the whole point of ATC. The very reason for ATC is so it can be left unattended to get on with the job, if you have to baby sit the vacuum it's a waste of time having the ATC. Nobody who fits an ATC and wants to use it to it's full potential would accept your suggestion.

Those who have a need and can afford an ATC spindle will most probably have a clean Z-axis setup or at least the abilty to modifiy the Z-axis. A retractable or movable dust shoe is a MUST for an ATC to function correctly if it uses a typical Fork or carosel type slide in tool rack.

Edit: It wouldn't be a massive change to stick some wings on it, open up the spindle hole a little and use the setup as I made here. The customer would just need to make brackets for the pneumatic actuators which can fasten either to the front plate or like I did here on the spindle mount itself so comes off as a unit with spindle mount.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200408_120447.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	27749
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 08-04-2020 at 12:10 PM.

That's defeats the whole point of ATC. The very reason for ATC is so it can be left unattended to get on with the job, if you have to baby sit the vacuum it's a waste of time having the ATC. Nobody who fits an ATC and wants to use it to it's full potential would accept your suggestion.

Those who have a need and can afford an ATC spindle will most probably have a clean Z-axis setup or at least the abilty to modifiy the Z-axis. A retractable or movable dust shoe is a MUST for an ATC to function correctly if it uses a typical Fork or carosel type slide in tool rack.
    I agree and am more than happy to design and fabricate the setup above for a paying customer, obviously the design time for such a specific job has to be on top of the dust shoe price

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I agree and am more than happy to design and fabricate the setup above for a paying customer, obviously the design time for such a specific job has to be on top of the dust shoe price
    Ok, but your missing my point.! . . . . The Standard router market is flooded with dust shoes. . . . The ATC router market isn't.!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Ok, but your missing my point.! . . . . The Standard router market is flooded with dust shoes. . . . The ATC router market isn't.!
    I see what you are saying. Will start to design something around HSD Spindle and round spindle like yours. Is yours 100mm body?

Thread Information