. .
    Continuing with my conversion to the CSlabs csmio ips controller and mach3 I was trying to get the vfd connected up this afternoon.
    Finished the wiring and powered up the panel then opened up mach3 to do the configuration.
    Tried to open the cslabs config plugin and I'm getting the following errors when opening the plugin and then trying to save any changes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	config plugin apply and save.png 
Views:	612 
Size:	673.0 KB 
ID:	20251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	select config plugin.png 
Views:	575 
Size:	661.6 KB 
ID:	20250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	config plugin apply and save1.png 
Views:	424 
Size:	672.5 KB 
ID:	20252

Also now when pressing reset on mach3 I'm getting this error now as well "Spindle drive fault. Machine stopped."

I disconnected the input I had from the vfd fault relay, even though I had not yet setup the input for it yet, to see if it made a difference but it didn't.
    Can anyone help?

I've made a bit of progress on this. I am still getting the debug error when starting the cslabs plugin. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin buts that error is still there.
    As for the "Wrong digital input filter period" I found out what causes it. In the MISC I/O tab there is a box for Input signals filter. If there is not a number in this box you get the error. Ive put in 2 and saved the settings but when I reopen the plugin sometimes it seems to have forgotten the number and gives out the error message again.
    The Spindle drive fault. Machine stopped is still there as well. I have reconnected the fault input from the vfd and setup the Spindle alarm input on the plugin but I still get the error message after pressing reset. Regardless of which way I set the input for high or low active the error message is still there so I have turned off the Spindle alarm input enable for the moment.

Strange happenings there mate which I've never seen before. Suggest you Flash the Firmware and do full Re-install of Mach3 and the Plug-in.
    Make sure your running as Admin.

The number for filter is 1, don't go anyhigher as it slows the input reaction times down. It works like mach3 noise filter. Never had to use it yet thou so can't see why you would unless you have a wiring issue some where.?

Regards the Spindle Fault Output then hard to say without seeing how you wired it. What VFD and are you using Relay output for fault or Digital output in which case then both VFD and IP-S will need to share the same Ground Ref.

Hi Dean.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled mach and the cslabs plugin and let it run the firmware uploader. machine functions seem to be ok so I take it that I did that bit ok. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't get the right xml file for mach.
    When I open the cslabs plugin I get the same Invalidargument error but this time the number is 65535 instead of 255.
    This is damn annoying as everything was going well up till this happened, slow but well.
    I used 2 in the filter box because I read it in the manual somewhere.

Forgot to say I'm using one of the Huangyang vfd with the configurable relay output set for fault output.

The manual doesn't specify a Mach3 version, just "latest here - " and there's a good chance the knob that bought Mach3 had his numpties break some things whilst breaking others in the versions after Art left.
    Check which version of Mach3 the CSlabs csmio ips plugin works best with,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    The manual doesn't specify a Mach3 version, just "latest here - " and there's a good chance the knob that bought Mach3 had his numpties break some things whilst breaking others in the versions after Art left.
    Check which version of Mach3 the CSlabs csmio ips plugin works best with,

- Nick
    No I'm fitting these all the time and it works fine with latest Mach3. There is version that is recommended by Cslabs if having problems but I've found latest one works fine with most setups and thats both with IP-M and IP-S. However I have seen some people have issues and it's the PC that's at fault things like .Net broken etc. Might be worth updating the Microsoft .Net
    If using some screen sets like Gerry's 2010 then Older version needs to be used because of how it works with probes etc and Art soft Knob screwing things up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

I'm using 3.043.066. The pc isn't connected to the internet but I will have a go at updating .net and see if it helps. At least now I can change stuff in the plugin and save it now so it wont stop the machine from working I hope.
    I have emailed cslab tech help with the photos so I will update this thread with that info when they reply.
    I now need to sort out a tool height setter and get it functioning.

Thread Information