. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I purchased one of the cnc stepper motor kits off ebay. but the instructions are in Chinese. the only makings on the board are UCNEV4 this is the USB breakout board that also comes with the handheld pendant and power supplied. Now I am thick when it comes to electrical matters and after watching various u tube videos in which the background music overrides any voice ( what the hell is it about having music playing all the time ) anyway I watched countless videos and got know information from any of them.
    so if anyone out there as also purchased one of these kits from Germany and got it all to work. could you please let me know how you wired it together a diagram if possible would be good. how are the little trips set on the stepper motor driver. here are some pics of the board and motor drivers etc

I have LED lights on the BOB but nothing at the motor driver
    what am I doing wrong, and also how do you find the ports and pins for this card to use in mach3.
    thanks. michael

DO you have the motor power supply connected to the drives?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

hi, what do you mean. the wiring goes from the breakout board to the motor driver and then from the driver to the motor. what motor power supply is there needed and how does that wire into the system. michael

The drives should be powered by a separate DC power supply, typically around 48V or so. I'd need to see your drives or get a model # for more info.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    hi, what do you mean. the wiring goes from the breakout board to the motor driver and then from the driver to the motor. what motor power supply is there needed and how does that wire into the system. michael
    Terry if you look on the 4th pic. driver out of shot on the left hand side is where the motor power goes to. there are two terminals next to the yellow wire
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

thanks Clive, what voltage for the driver, and do I still need a separate 5 volt input to the breakout board, or will the usb be ok.

thanks Clive, what voltage for the driver, and do I still need a separate 5 volt input to the breakout board, or will the usb be ok.
    I cannot guess the voltage what does it say on the driver or the model number at least
    ..Clive

hi, the microstep driver is a FMD2740C . apart from adding a power supply to it is there any other wiring that needs to be put in place. also how do you find the pin numbers from the card. thanks

hi, the microstep driver is a FMD2740C . apart from adding a power supply to it is there any other wiring that needs to be put in place. also how do you find the pin numbers from the card. thanks
    Ok they are 50V drives so you will need about 36 - 45 volt DC power supply.

Also the dip switches you have them set at 0.5A which is far to low.. So set sw5 to on sw6 to off sw7 to on that will give you about 3 A

Are you using mach3 or what?
    Edit I see it runs off usbcnc so I think this is the manual http://www.variometrum.com/PDF/USBCNC_csatolo_ENG.pdf
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-01-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added text
    ..Clive

Hi.on the motor driver there is a power in marked V+ which matches a terminal on the 36v power supply which came with the kit.however the second driver inlet is marked G for ground.the only G terminal on the power supply is on the inlet 240v side.the only free terminal is marked V-. So do I wire the driver G terminal to the G terminal on the power supply or to the free V- terminal. There are two leads on the driver,I take it the green one is power ok and the red one bad news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information