. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post a picture of the power supply terminals.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

shows both units

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    the -ve with the blue wire connected on the power supply goes to the GND on the driver next to Vin+
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

hi clive, just did this and I had a green led showing on the driver and also the red one. I did not take things further. don't think that the red one is a good sign. so what to do next???

Find and read carefully driver manual. Possibly these EN+ and EN- are to enable the driver. But dont take my word, read the manual
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Find and read carefully driver manual. Possibly these EN+ and EN- are to enable the driver. But dont take my word, read the manual
    Boyan the link is in post 9
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

hi.just an update on whats been going on here. after lots of testing and pulling hair out I found the fault. I have a newer version of windows 10 and this version cuts the signals to the parallel port. So know signal was getting to the Bob. After looking around on the net and thinking about this for a bit, I paid for a new Ethernet smoothstepper card. this turned up today and after following the utube how to do videos I was able to get the card working without to much effort. the nice thing about the card is that it has little LED,s that inform you what the card is doing, which was great help for me. so all is well in my world if not in my wallet. thanks for your help. michael

If you were trying to use that other board with Mach3, the problem was that it's not supported by Mach3, as it's made to work with different software. (usbcnc)
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

thanks but its all working well now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information