. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all. I am new to this forum so thank you for taking your time to read this.

I'm buying a 10ft by 5ft cnc machine from a company in the uk.

If any one can give me any info on how much you reckon would be a good price to spend and any other info would be truly appreciated.

The company I've been talking to make the product and also the stand and use a 2.2kw water cooled spindle.

Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum! Any reason you don't say which company, there are good ines out there and shocking ones, just to warn you! Price is dependant (well sometimes) on what components they use so is a bit.of a how long is a bit of string question.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Thanks for the reply. He told me they use a refurbished Chinese water cooler spindle with German bearings. The company is called marchindice (world of cnc) and I've been quoted around £7900. They seem good it comes with a computer, vectric 8.5 aswell as a year guarantee and technical support from them selves.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav111 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. He told me they use a refurbished Chinese water cooler spindle with German bearings. The company is called marchindice (world of cnc) and I've been quoted around £7900. They seem good it comes with a computer, vectric 8.5 aswell as a year guarantee and technical support from them selves.

I suggest you put the name of the co. + problems and see what comes up as that co. does not have a good rep on here.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I suggest you put the name of the co. + problems and see what comes up as that co. does not have a good rep on here.
    Hi. I don't have any problems as such as I haven't purchased the product yet.

But any info about cnc's size will be appreciated.

Company website- www.worldofcnc.com
    eBay product page -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220910212626

Servo CNC Machine / Router MDL-8'x4' *175mm Rack & Pinion Elte 1.1Kw

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    +1 on that......

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

The name of the company is Marchant Dice, sometimes just called MD, if you want to search for comments about them. I have no personal knowledge of them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

A friend of mine is buying a similar sized machine from a Company Called RoboCutters in the UK, they come recommended. Any ideas on them?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazeUK View Post
    A friend of mine is buying a similar sized machine from a Company Called RoboCutters in the UK, they come recommended. Any ideas on them?
    STOP HIM ASAP.!! . . . These thing are Joke. Flimsy weak and poorly designed. Difficult for me to say this but even MD machine is better.!!! . . . And those that know me know that took lot of courage and guiness for me to say. .

Edit: Ok saying that bugged me so let me be clear only 0.01% better.! . .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-01-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    STOP HIM ASAP.!!
    +1
    CrazeUK
    Welcome to the forum, if you had been lurking on the forum for any length of time you would be aware that it's a minefield out there regarding the availability of (fit for purpose) CNC machines from an awful lot of suppliers. The forum contains an wealth of information regarding good engineering practice when designing and constructing a machine, my advise would be to take your time and have a read through some of the build logs, this will give you an idea of what to look for when considering a purchase, when you get feedback from a vendor post it and ask the guys for advise. If you can state the intended use of the machine and your budget you will be advised if it's realistic, certain members on the forum will manufacture a custom machine to your exact requirements and this would be your best option if budget is available, you will also get backup once you have flashed the cash.
    Kindest regards
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information