. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I take it nobody has noticed the dual low speed motor (for the feed?) makes no mention of voltage?
    And I'd guess it will be designed for 380V only.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I take it nobody has noticed the dual low speed motor (for the feed?) makes no mention of voltage?
    And I'd guess it will be designed for 380V only.
    I just read the motor plate which states Delta 240 Star 415 on the main plate
    Last edited by magicniner; 14-01-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hi m_c
    Thank you for your reply

Yes, you are spot on the motor you refer to is for the feed and I like you bet is it 380V is that a spanner in the works! I thought I was getting off light!

Many thanks

Steve

And it's not just a motor, it's a gear motor so no easy swapouts :-(
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I had spotted the other motor but with the correct vfd it could power both, that is why I suggested him to contact the company and speak with them I have answered sues134e in the past and realised he was not hot on electrics. Np disrespect to him.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Might be worth having a look under the plate over the connections on geared motor to see if delta/star is possible. While it doesn't say it's dual-voltage, it doesn't appear to say that is single-voltage either. Can you post a pic?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Hi Neale going to get a photo a little later mate with a bit of luck just have to move the machine to get in the gap to take a picture. That was a good idea we will see what the picture brings about! many thanks Steve

Hi Neale and you guys that have helped and thanks for that. Here after a lot of swearing, poor photos and ripped shirt we have a photo of the plate from the geared motor I had to take it off, it was in a pig of a position!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2253.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	20374

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    As I suspected, it's a dual speed motor, which are usually only designed for a single voltage.
    IIRC it'll have 9 wires in the terminal box, which depending on how they're connected, set the speed.
    Don't mistake the number of wires as being a way of changing the voltage like a standard 3 phase motor.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Well m_c thank you for your reply and the info. I will not get to the wires until I get the machines off the deck or stripped down. I take the caution you say on board but it must be I guess why the firm said a VFD was no good. I will contact them again just on the off chance! Many thanks Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information