. .
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Aluminium warehouse is good, however I recently needed to order quite a large amount of aluminium (about 300kg) so shopped around and found this place was quite a lot cheaper:

http://www.ascmetals.com/
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Aluminium warehouse is good, however I recently needed to order quite a large amount of aluminium (about 300kg) so shopped around and found this place was quite a lot cheaper:

http://www.ascmetals.com/
    I fooking told you so three years ago - dipshit.
    John S -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    You certainly have a way with words John

6. Yes he does,

Though I have to thank both of them for posting/reposting that link as they where able to give me a stockist for PB102 Bronze in 1mm sheet form which I need for making reeds. Thanks to both of you on that one.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    John this is what makes you so SPECIAL!! .

Right then....

Due to unforseen circumstances, which mainly consist of my missus running off with a bloke with more money than me I have decided to have a bit of a clear out as I have too much stuff to move.

Would consider selling my cnc router (the one in this build thread) if someone makes a sensible offer. Its all in working order and was only being used last week. I will put full specs on if I get any interest but this build thread should give you a pretty good idea.

Also got a nice german 'leinen' lathe, which I may consider selling. Does weigh about half a ton so not something that will fit in the boot of your car! Will do screwcutting etc, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, faceplate, powerfeed on both slides, even have a digital readout for it that I never got round to fitting. Will post details if anyone is interested.

Oh and her pissing off is the best thing that she has ever done, I have never been happier..!! :-)

Let me know...
    Last edited by HiltonSteve; 13-09-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    Oh and her pissing off is the best thing that she has ever done, I have never been happier..!! :-)
    Been there got the tea shirt and it only gets better mate.!!. . . .Welcome back. (And I don't mean to the site. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonSteve View Post
    Right then....

Due to unforseen circumstances, which mainly consist of my missus running off with a bloke with more money than me
    Let me get this right ?

She's pissed off with Jonathan ?

[edit] was up saltbox last week, nearly gave you a bell so you could pop down and buy my breakfast
    John S -

Hi,

Just like to say what a nice job you made of your CNC machine!

I've been hit by the DIY CNC building thing and can't wait to start, I rushed into ordering some rails and ball screws but wish I had waited as finding the right aluminium profile in the right size is proving difficult. Still that's me all over.....obsessed!

This is what I want to try and build index.php

this forum has certainly made it easier for me!

thanks

Allan

Right...

Nothing is for sale! Missus gone and a new one in her place... Happy days.! Word of advice, if you are married to a control freak you probably wont realise how happy you could be until until you split up, after which you look back and think "Did I really live like that...!"

Now things get even better... my new other half is very interested in the CNC kit which I have and would like to get to know how to use it so we can start up a sideline business. A woman that is interested in CNC??? she actually wants to get in the workshop more than me.!

Should be spending a bit more time on the forum from now on.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information