Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Jazz style response not sure I like sound of that. . .Lol

Anyway I think the answer is obvious but all of you have failed to RTFM.!!! . . . . . With 3.5A motor current set resistor isn't required.

However I'd still throw that switched mode supply away and build one.!. . . . As well not RTFM you didn't RTFF . . . Because you'd seen said many times NEVER BUY KIT.!! . .

EDIT: Just seen this.!!!!!!!

You don't want 50v or even 48V because the Geckos are only rated 50Vdc so doesn't leave big enoigh safety margin. You will KILL the drives quickly if run at this voltage.
44Vdc is about high as would run these drives from safety point of view. The 4-5v differnence will hardly be noticable in performance terms but the Smell of magic smoke will be.!!

If you want higher performance then sell the drives and use 80Vdc Digital drives with 70Vdc and then you'll see difference.! . . .Big one.!!

Gecko's are living on there reputation from years ago but sadly today they are behind in the Digital race.

I have read the manual, the drive IS DESIGNED to be operated at 50Volts, and already has a 10 volt buffer - it works up to 60 Volts.

I have measures the input voltage and current on the switch mode power and it is rock stable at 48/50/46/42 volts, whatever I set with the resistor

The total system current draw is only around 2.6 to 3.3 Amps - when I hooked it up to my 30 Volt power supply