. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post
    What do you think all the questions are then if I'm not doing research??? (and by the way I'm not just asking questions, I've been researching non stop for the last 4-5days, i.e. YouTube, google, Amazon, Ebay & forums etc)
    And yes I have thought of The CAD/CAM side of things & costs, but I know the answers so not asking the questions

Parallel port to USB, 230w-400w isn't this higher spec??? I didn't say that everything was higher spec,

My mum use to tell be if you haven't got anything good or positive to say, don't say anything!!!
    Buck's you'll do well to listen to Clive he's trying to help you not feed you full of Shit like some on here are doing regards these Cheap chinese machines.
    They will let you down and they will require maintenance in short period of time. All this talk of upgrading etc is rubbish because you can't make Silk purse out of sows Ear and that's what you buying with these machines.

Also Mach3 running from Laptop with parallel port is at best lottery, some work, most don't. It's also got nothing to do with the Frequency and everything thing to do with Voltage and power management. Also You CANNOT use Parallel port to USB converter and don't let anyone tell you different.
    There are Special Devices like UC100 which are Motion control devices which go between the parallel port but there are not converters in the conventional sense.

The simple fact is these Chinese machines are OK for learning but they will break down and will require maintenance within short period of time.
    If you buy one with the intension of using as learning tool and don't expect the world then will be fine. If your wanting to do high quality work in difficult materials then forget them they will disappoint you.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-02-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information