. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Excellent cheers pal I will let you know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Morning pal, I can't seem to find a plugin related to the VFD. Only tool height etc

Derek if you have the IP-A installed and working in Mach3 you already got the plug-in. I suspect you haven't because you need to go into plug-in to set motors up correctly.
    So if not then Download and Install. Then you'll need to tell mach to use it. When done this Goto Config menu Config Plugins and click on yellow config when window opens.
    This will open the Plug-in but there isn't any VFD settings as such. Inside there is Tab called special Functions inside this is Spindle Tab. You need to Enable the Spindle DAC and select the Analog Output your using. Don't mess with the Spindle Axis bit because this only used when using servo for spindle motor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Derek if you have the IP-A installed and working in Mach3 you already got the plug-in. I suspect you haven't because you need to go into plug-in to set motors up correctly.
    So if not then Download and Install. Then you'll need to tell mach to use it. When done this Goto Config menu Config Plugins and click on yellow config when window opens.
    This will open the Plug-in but there isn't any VFD settings as such. Inside there is Tab called special Functions inside this is Spindle Tab. You need to Enable the Spindle DAC and select the Analog Output your using. Don't mess with the Spindle Axis bit because this only used when using servo for spindle motor.
    Yeah shes all up and running and i have seen the spindle part of it.

I just thought with Ian mentioning it i may of needed an additional item.

The motors are the next battle!! am i right in saying that im best off tuning the motors at the drives before i even attempt to do auto tuning in the PID?

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    The motors are the next battle!! am i right in saying that im best off tuning the motors at the drives before i even attempt to do auto tuning in the PID?
    Yes you must tune the motors to drives first otherwise wasting time trying to tune controller.

Well i will tackle that today also (scared!) any advice or best place to understand what im doing>? i have a little idea but would rather have it down

Well i will tackle that today also (scared!) any advice or best place to understand what im doing>? i have a little idea but would rather have it down
    Not really just RTM tells you everything you need to know then it's just trial and error. Your looking for quick stable motor settling times but with lowest possible following error.! . . . Good luck.!!!!!!!

Dean am I right in saying that in ports and pins, under encoder/MPG Io would enter my 10,000 for my encoders ? Idea on velocity?

Think I will leave the drives for now and get someone in to tune them. Manual seems to contradict itself and doesn't give enough explanation what is what (well for me anyway!)

Dean am I right in saying that in ports and pins, under encoder/MPG Io would enter my 10,000 for my encoders ? Idea on velocity?

No that's got nothing to do with your motors. It's only used for Encoders for MPG.
    Only place you may need to enter Encoder count is in Motor tuning Steps Per and this depends on if using ratio etc.

BUT Derek I suggest you RTM several times because it's all there on how to set machine up. You can't guess at this when comes to servos, or even steppers at that.!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information