. .
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    strange I just tried the other halfs mac and that is the same, I can still see all the new pictures in other threads though. o well I'm sure it looks great.

Charlie:

How about this - the last photo showing the 3D printed part on the rail:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0lg9mTv.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	22836

Zeeflyboy:
    Great timing - I've been thinking about how to seal the rails on my Z axis. I've planned ahead and have tapped holes in the base of the Y axis to accept a plate with some sort of brush/seal, and I was playing with ideas for the actual seal. I was thinking about cutting them out of a small piece of plastic with the router, and inserting them into the plate, as you have done.
    But 3D printing is a much better idea as you can get tight into the corners, cheers for that. Also by chance bumped into a colleague today with a 3D printer and he is now lined up ready to make me some parts. I just need a slot this week to get back onto the CAD and draft something up as a trial.
    I think as you say it is a matter of fine tuning something to keep the worst out but not rub too much.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

yes that shows up

Really odd - I've been using imgur for all the photos so nothing has changed... I really can't think why it only affects you, and only for recent pics... how odd.

RouterCNC - I just printed one out which I enlarged the cut out by 0.15mm on and I think it's perfect. Given you are using 20mm rail too you are welcome to have my model to modify as needed to make the exterior fit your machine? You use fusion right?

If you need them printed out I can print them out and pop em in the post for you too if that helps. Flexibles can be a tricky thing to get right, some printers cope better than others (bowden types really don't tend to do great for example) and stuff like cheetah is pretty expensive to buy if he doesn't already have something comparable.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 20-09-2017 at 09:57 PM.

The fusion file would be great. Maybe zip it up and attach it to a post in this thread ?

Thanks for the offer to make some parts - he's been printing all sorts for ages plus has a CNC machine so I'll give him a go at making something. Thanks again
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hopefully attached for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

HiWin do a scraper/seal add-on kit for their blocks, I used it on my mini-mill.

Its a steel scraper plus another wiper/seal for each end along with longer screws etc, fits easy and works well. ;)

Where's the fun in that!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

I'm with Zeeflyboy on this one but mostly because I find pay to be a dirty word. Also it's nice to solve things with your own ingenuity even if sometimes your the only one that sees the brilliance lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Where's the fun in that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I'm with Zeeflyboy on this one but mostly because I find pay to be a dirty word. Also it's nice to solve things with your own ingenuity even if sometimes your the only one that sees the brilliance lol.
    Fair-do's to you, just thought i'd throw it out there ;)

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information