. .
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    It's only just started doing it?

Does the axis travel in mach (i.e. is the Z travelling in the mach "DRO" for the Z axis?). Sure you haven't accidentally picked the wrong post processor?

Does the simulation in fusion work as expected? Quite possible you accidentally set the depth to a top contour if not.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 25-04-2017 at 08:20 PM.

It worked fine when I did the simple 2D plate of 5mm.
    So physically I know the spindle can go down further.

Does the axis travel in mach (i.e. is the Z travelling in the mach "DRO" for the Z axis?).
    No idea what that is. Will look into it.

Using the stock Mach3 from Fusion.

Simulator works fine. Even goes down the -2mm I set off the bottom of the stock.

The Gcode says the Z to go further,

you need more like 22000rpm and 3000mm/min with 3 flute roughing bit at 3mm depth of cut. heavily cooled by air at least. But that are speeds and feeds for very rigid machine or a mill

0.07mm feed per tooth on aluminum? i dont think so, especially on your machine. Lower the depth of cut and look to eliminate any chatter. Or lower feed per tooth to 0.3 lowering your feed speed half.

Just make a video to hear whats going on and we will tell you whats wrong...
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 26-04-2017 at 06:27 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    you need more like 22000rpm and 3000mm/min with 3 flute roughing bit at 3mm depth of cut. heavily cooled by air at least. But that are speeds and feeds for very rigid machine or a mill

0.07mm feed per tooth on aluminum? i dont think so, especially on your machine. Lower the depth of cut and look to eliminate any chatter. Or lower feed per tooth to 0.3 lowering your feed speed half.

Just make a video to hear whats going on and we will tell you whats wrong...

This is what I am currently using under heavy mist and it works quite well.
    2mm DoC

This is the surface finish.

Last edited by JOGARA; 26-04-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Seems you have it under control now. Thats the surface finish after the roughing, right?

Seems you have it under control now. Thats the surface finish after the roughing, right?
    Still having the Z axis problem.

Yes that is surface finish, you can feel those horizontal lines rubbing up and down with your finger.
    Will be fine for external finish once I sand it down with a fine grit.

For me Mach3 when bugged always had only one cure possible. Reinstall all clean and start from there. You will not believe the number of times that Mach3 bugged during the last 4 years and cure was the same. Thanks god now i dont have to use it.

For me Mach3 when bugged always had only one cure possible. Reinstall all clean and start from there. You will not believe the number of times that Mach3 bugged during the last 4 years and cure was the same. Thanks god now i dont have to use it.
    If I do that I lose my XY position though :p
    It is only a test bit but rather not start again.

What are you using now?

DDCSV1. It started as a joke, i just had returned the Pokeys57cnc and was wondering what better controller to buy. I have written a lot in the forum about said controller use search function in forum. So at the end it worked so well i did not feel the need to buy the more expensive offline controller i had in mind.
    But back to Mach3? God No. Only for special purpose machine where/if i can not avoid it in any other way.

I have basically 0 min downtime last half year in workshop and thousands of things done. I had at least 1 week downtime /if not more/ the previous half year . And the last 5 years if we put together the time i have lost installing windows, Mach3, reconfiguring, boards, plugins, figuring how to make things work...I have lost a couple of months with Mach3, plugins and boards.

So because I lowered my stickout with the new roughing bit and pretty much all the others, I forgot to lower my spindel to compensate.

Which meant it was hitting the Z limit thus not going lower than 10mm.

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information