Hi everyone.

I am pretty new to CNC and milling but I have a couple months to learn.
Been watching a lot of videos on YouTube so starting to build up a bit of basic knowledge.

My project requires a case for the electronics and sensors as well as mounting fixings.
I have been developing it using 3D printing and I was originally going to manufacture the cases this way but while I am okay with this for my own use, selling it as a product for people to use I am not so keen on.

So I am looking at using a CNC milling machine to make the case instead so it is a nice solid product.
Why not aluminium? Well we are using wireless transceivers inside the product so metal is out of the question.

My idea is to then use 15mm polypropylene sheet instead to get the same sort of light wight properties and strength (small sized case, about 100x45mm).

Are these China CNC milling machines okay for this?
I have seen them eat 10mm aluminium so this should be fine right?

My understanding of milling plastic is speed and sharp tools to reduce heat and thus the plastic melting.
There is less horse power needed as it is more speed than anything, though I still want a powerful spindle for future proofing..

I am also looking at the 6040 over the 3040 for future larger projects.

Software wise I use 123D Design for modelling the case.
For the CNC I plan on using Mach4 for controlling and Fusion 360 for the CAD stuff.

I understand that the controllers that come with the China CNCs are pretty, crap though they get the job done.
So was thinking of getting something like a TinyG right off the bat.
I am pretty good at electronics, I designed the circuitry for this product using micro controllers and built and customised a 3D printer so wiring up a new controller is fine with me.

I am aware that these China machines don't have end stops. So would be adding them as well.

Am I on the right path here?

As for hardware, I am stuck between ordering a complete package and picking things individually.
My thinking, ordering something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-Stock-4...QAAOSwDFNWFJQE would be best for just getting everything I need.

Or do I order everything separately so I can get the upgraded spindle and not pay for the controller if upgrading to the TinyG is much better than using stock?

I am sure a lot of this has been asked before. I have done a bit of searching but thought it might be worth just posting and seeing what people say.

Thanks
Jack,