. .
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    Thinking about it you are right.

Going to make a bed for the CNC that can hold the water that comes off the mist.
    I actually had the bottle about a meter above the cnc the other day and just the water alone worked fine by the looks of it.
    No air just gravity fed water.

Anyone tried these?
    https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/corner-ro...ide-45hrc.html

There are 2 Flute ones but only in the US from the looks of it.
    I need to put a nice round edge on my product housing and these look to be the only thing available.
    I have never tried that ones but seem right. You could always use 90 degree V cutter, trim the corners and slightly sand then afterwards. Just pass them with fine sand paper.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Just order it with a ball nose too.
    Might as well try it, might be perfect.

Still trying to work out how I am going to reduce my water problem.
    Going to be moving house in about 5-6 months so I am thinking of making a dedicated table for the rig.

One which has some decent casters on it so I can wheel it around and then some retractable feet that had then go down to make it solid.

The main thing for me is adding a box around it with window so the noise is reduced and so is the mess.
    I have aluminum everywhere in my workshop atm so building it into a box where all the mess drops into a pan under the cnc is sort of what I am thinking of doing.

Means I can also use as much mist coolant as I need and it will just drip into the pan and not onto my workdesk.

Over complicating things or pretty solid idea?
    Main thing for me is reducing mess externally of the machine and not having water everywhere..
    Last edited by JOGARA; 04-05-2017 at 03:55 PM.

I have made a tray that sits on the bed and is water tight - works for trapping coolant (I put a drain port in the front too) and also for cutting composites underwater. It also traps I would say 70-80% of alu chips.

Maybe a similar thing might work for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

That looks perfect for what I need thanks.

I am guessing it is a bit of Acetal sheet for the base?
    Last edited by JOGARA; 08-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Acetal is a good choice, just want something with low water absorption and high dimensional stability.

When I make another for the new machine I intend to use SRBP.

I just used acrylic for the sides and then machined the bed area down, fixed the eco cast plate in place and then ran the drill cycle for the screws that hold it down and the hole pattern I required for work holding.

My only concern atm is that I use a vice to hold my work.
    In my operation I need to flip the piece to run a 2nd op on the other side.

At the moment I don't have any way to calibrate the vice other than using the CNC's edge as a guide (which works really well at the size of stuff I am doing.

I am guessing my only option is to mill down to make it flat, but leave a lip to push my vice against to get it level?

Was going to get a Haimer Universal 3D Sensor at some stage but it is too long I think for this X6.
    Last edited by JOGARA; 08-05-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Can drill holes for DIN dowel pins for alignment. If your vice doesn't have any alignment holes then you can just put two in on one side and butt the vice up against it. Obviously it won't be perfect unless the vice has a milled edge but it's at least as accurate as your current method of aligning to the edge of the CNC

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Can drill holes for DIN dowel pins for alignment. If your vice doesn't have any alignment holes then you can just put two in on one side and butt the vice up against it. Obviously it won't be perfect unless the vice has a milled edge but it's at least as accurate as your current method of aligning to the edge of the CNC
    It has space under it that will allow me to have the pins protrude to the vice's solid side and I can get it level that way.

Should only cost about £50 all in which sounds about right.

So it came to £60.

Not going the full 700mm, only 500mm so I have some room at the back to use for things not needing the water bed.
    With 50-100mm hang over that means half of the table is water bed, half stock where I can put a wood spoil board.

Guessing that 2 Flute bit that came with the unit will be enough to cut the few guide pin holes and screw holes?

Desperately need a way to set offsets on X and Y.

Looked at the Haimer stuff again but even their smallest one is over 100mm long.
    The X6 has 85mm of travel in Z so really pushing it I think if I was to get one of those.

Any other options out there?
    That TPA2 is still not in stock.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information