. .
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    I have no idea why you are tumbling parts like this. It's very non standard practice for machined parts of this nature.

Quote Originally Posted by spluppit View Post
    Again it's not working as you think it should, but the controller is not the problem in this case.
    Not necessarily.? Mach3 by default will let you Jog away between tool changes then when cycle start then go to next operation.
    However, when using external controller some functions are taken away from M3 and handled by the controller and I'm pretty sure Jogging is one of them.
    So if the controller doesn't handle this correctly when it hands control back to mach3 things can get screwed up.
    This why Neale was seeing an issue when probing with Cslabs controller. In Cslabs case it's actually certain versions of Mach3 which changed how they worked at fault not the controller. Works fine with some not with others.

I think this could be the case here. I don't know which controller your using but might be worth trying few different versions of Mach3. I find older versions to be more stable, like neale I use 0.28.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 11-03-2018 at 06:38 PM.

I nearly put in that i have zero experience of Mach of any kind. I was just drawing from my general experience of commercial controllers and especially ones with manual tool change like knee mills as an example. Some do accommodate out of position moves some don't. Mach will only be based on commercial controllers features. Looking at Jogaras reply from the mach forums it seems this was the case from what he said.

I guess what I'm saying is, why not program a simple G00 move to combat having to move out of position for a tool change manually. The controller will know where it is all the then. No reason for any errors if you do that. As you know Jazz, its a very simple and standard thing to do when required.

I nearly put in that i have zero experience of Mach of any kind. I was just drawing from my general experience of commercial controllers and especially ones with manual tool change like knee mills as an example. Some do accommodate out of position moves some don't. Mach will only be based on commercial controllers features. Looking at Jogaras reply from the mach forums it seems this was the case from what he said.
    Whether or not Mach3, or its predecessor which then became LinuxCNC via a different development path, is based on commercial systems isn't really the issue - it supports the M6 toolchange command, and allows the user to add in a couple of macros that are called automatically before and after the toolchange itself. When it's working, it also allows things like tool-height setting using a touchplate during the toolchange, which is really useful on amateur-class machines which do not have preset calibrated toolholders and the like. It supports that way of working as well, but is a bit more flexible. However, as mentioned, when you are using an external motion controller, it can get confused if the motion controller does things Mach3 doesn't know about. I would certainly suggest trying an earlier version and general reports agree that .028 is a good bet.

Actually Mach3 isn't based on commercial controllers which is exactly why it became so popular because it did it's own thing without any of the restrictions commercial controllers imposed. However this eventually became it's downfall and why it as so many strange and wonderful habbits today.
    As people requested more and more features for more and more oddball setups then because Art fennerty was such an obliging bloke it became a monster.
    Each version that got released to take account of someone's request would break something for someone else. On top of this Art wasn't actually a programmer by trade just a genius who decided to have go because couldn't find a controller that did what he wanted. This meant the code was lets say less than easy to fathom for developers.
    This is why so many external motion controllers fail because they don't have artsofts support and the code is mine field which tried to be All things to All machines and in lots ways won but in others failed badly.

All this said the fact remains that Mach3 DOES allow jogging in tool changes so it should work. If it doesn't then it's most likely down to the controllers plug-in.
    Yes there are always work arounds but shouldn't have to in this case if the controller plug-in was working correctly.

Not sure where I am going wrong here.

Putting my 2 parts together and finding that one looks like it is a rhombus though it is meant to be oblong.
    The long sides are parallel and flat to the touch. But on both ends, the opposite corners are not parallel.

Looks like one of your axes isn't square

Great.

Well I am fucking done with this shit now tbh
    I have wasted a good 6 months fucking around with it and problem after problem and now £150 in stock wasted.

IDK why this has come up now. It was fine before.
    Last edited by JOGARA; 29-03-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Just looking at some parts made prior to moving workshop and they are showing a slight wonk to one side on the same axis.
    Minute compared to this 0.3-0.5mm we are now seeing.

Any ideas on how to fix the machine?

Close to calling it quits on this and going a different route. Though I would have to sell everything to afford said different route.
    Anyone want to buy this machine?

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information