. .
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    What model of those extrusion channel nuts do I need for this X6-2200L?
    I can't remember, I had a new solid bed made for mine, I think they were 8mm. Get m6 or even m5 if you like. KJN sell them, but they charge an arm and a leg for delivery if you're not nearby.

Ordered that vice and a new plate for leveling it.

Just saw this on FaceBook. No idea why I haven't seen this idea posted around before. Would have saved hours.
    Will be testing it with this new vice.

Wait. Could have just printed a holder for the part and mounted it onto the base of the cnc machine....
    Well at least the new vice will be a good paper weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I can't remember, I had a new solid bed made for mine, I think they were 8mm. Get m6 or even m5 if you like. KJN sell them, but they charge an arm and a leg for delivery if you're not nearby.
    Thanks.
    I have emailed them to see if they can confirm what size.
    The gap at the top is 8.5mm and the OD of the threads is 7mm.
    Can't pull them out atm as the machine is running.
    Last edited by JOGARA; 24-01-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You do realise those MarkForged jaws aren't plastic?
    MarkForged produce carbon fiber and metal 3D printers.

I never seen the Gerardi vice offer :-/
    I'll give Cutwel a call once I'm feeling a bit more flush, as I could really do with behaving for a couple months to let finances recover from last years expenses.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    You do realise those MarkForged jaws aren't plastic?
    MarkForged produce carbon fiber and metal 3D printers.

I never seen the Gerardi vice offer :-/
    I'll give Cutwel a call once I'm feeling a bit more flush, as I could really do with behaving for a couple months to let finances recover from last years expenses.

I print PLA 'Carbon fiber' xD

I don't actually mean to use them, just test fit before making aluminium ones..
    But even so, would be fine if it was a large block that you sit the part in for chamfer operation?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I would think so for chamfering.

I'm not sure I'd trust them for anything involving much higher cutting forces though, but there is only way to find out..
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I would think so for chamfering.

I'm not sure I'd trust them for anything involving much higher cutting forces though, but there is only way to find out..

Might give it a go. Would make a nice little YouTube video.

Bit of Googlering and a few people are saying that it is M8 that one wants.

Yea shipping on KJN.

RS does some extrusion stuff though, these look about right?
    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/conne...nents/3900379/

Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    Bit of Googlering and a few people are saying that it is M8 that one wants.

Yea shipping on KJN.

RS does some extrusion stuff though, these look about right?
    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/conne...nents/3900379/
    You don't want m8. You will constantly be fighting to get the bolts through the slots and threaded in the nuts and there is absolutely no need for that much clamping force. M4 or m5 will be just as good, I used m6 because I have a tonne of m6 fixings in all sizes which is important. If you use rs the ones linked or these are the ones you want but not in m8.

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/co...nents/3900256/

You also don't want to be thinking about using anything 3D printed if accuracy and repeatability is what you're after.
    Last edited by Snapper; 25-01-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Just a thought here which I should have thought of sooner. You are aware of the sheer weight of a proper machine vice? I don't think the flimsy hollow extruded aluminium table that comes on the OMIO will give you much improved results. The bed will dip and probably bounce around like a trampoline. Think about that and try some tests before you actually use the vice and can no longer return it.
    Last edited by Snapper; 26-01-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Just a thought here which I should have thought of sooner. You are aware of the sheer weight of a proper machine vice? I don't think the flimsy hollow extruded aluminium table that comes on the OMIO will give you much improved results. The bed will dip and probably bounce around like a trampoline. Think about that and try some tests before you actually use the vice and can no longer return it.
    Had that thought to. Trying to have it close to the vertical frame.
    Should have just bought a Tormach...

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information