. .

Thread: my build

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    That's quite impressive - I've tried that technique before (although only turning the ends of bolts), and I wasn't that successful.

Mind you, I was using an electric drill as a lathe held in one hand, and the other hand holding the grinder I was also not really after precision (just wanted a nice chamfer on the end - it wasn't very neat, but did its job).

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-06-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89.
    tribbles
    i had the drill in a stand lying on its side and clamped to the bench, because the screw was held with bearings it was running true ... there was no whip in the screw

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-06-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89.
    been busy with work.. but found the time to to make a carridge for the gantry... made a mdf one to start...far to much flex so got out the mig pretty pleased with this one very ridgid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 035.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 034.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 033.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	909  

hi
    went to local recycling yard today with some rubbish
    and found this alu Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	1200 its 180mm x 90mm
    this section is about 1200mm long , the other lenght is 5 meters
    long,
    (i see a big alu framed router) the bonus is the 6 meters of rack
    that was screwed to it, how do i determine the pitch of the rack

Umm - forgive me if I'm being a bit dumb - but with a ruler/micrometer?

hi tribbles
    been looking on the net and find rack classed as mod 1
    mod 2.5 etc etc all with different pitches , where do i measure from
    the crown to crown of the tooth, because pitch line was talked about
    that was a line about halfway up the tooth

I would've thought that as long as you measure from the same point in the rack, then that's okay.

When I was looking at racks, I looked at the mod sizes, and then looked for rack that was equivalent to that size.

What's the size you have?

hi tribbles
    pitch from crown to crown 11mm , width at top of tooth 12mm, what is mod 1, mod 2.5 refering to

I'm not exactly sure what the mod setting is, but I think it's the ratio of the number of teeth to the diameter of the wheel.

I know that generally mod 1.0 means for a 60mm wheel, you get 60 teeth; for a 120mm wheel, it's 120 teeth.

So, mod 1.0 would have 3.14mm pitch (circumference = pi*dia, dia = 60, so 188.49 circumference. Divide by 60 gives pi).

If it's 11mm, then it's probably 10.995, or mod 3.5 (3.5*pi = 10.995).

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi jonm have a look at http://www.khkgears.co.jp/en/gear_te...pdf/module.pdf hopfully this will make it a but move clear.

Ivan.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information