. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Location unknown. Bucks Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6106 members to the community.
    I've just purchased a TS3040 with a 800w VFD spindle motor & PRT-E750 USB Controller, as far as i know everything is set up & working properly, apart from I cant for the life of me get the spindle motor to work using Mach3! Ive had a couple of sets of instructions sent but whichever way i set it up the spindle motor wont work!
    Has anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong with it?
    Any help & advice would be much appreciated

i'll attach my Mach3 xml file if i can (sorry cant attach file to this thread)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    i'll attach my Mach3 xml file if i can (sorry cant attach file to this thread)
    If the forum won't accept a .xml extension just rename to to .txt
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Location unknown. Bucks Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6106 members to the community.
    THANKS Clive, hope this works as it just looks like a jumbled mess now
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyone willing to help?

Hi Bucks....well I'm certainly willing....but I'm afraid I'm a bit clueless when it comes to electronics and electrics, sorry.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post
    Anyone willing to help?
    I think there are plenty people willing to help but perhaps there is a need for better self help first.

For example describe what is done, what is happening and what you have tested so far, what is working and what is not and so on. Is the spindle the ONLY problem? Are you sure the VFD is configured right? Is that a kit you bought or a machine you have designed built on your own? Have you tried to contact the supplier? What else have you done apart from saying "it's not working, please help me fix it"? Have you tried to google? Have you read the manuals?

I know, the above is hardly an answer and won't immediately solve your problems but you need to give more information since nobody is having a magic stick.

HI man, i think this type of machines simply donīt need the spindle to be controlled by mach 3, becauses is single tool, and usually you go with the same rpm with the same tool. I had this question also, and the manufacturer told me that i have to turn on/off the spindle manually on the VFC. Yes, it sucks, i know, but the M3 M4 M5 g code wonīt work because simply there is no connection on the pins/ports. At least this is the case with my nes HY6040.I think you can do some wiring to correct this, but im not expert in electronics.
    Hope it helps!

Thanks hlopezho, but I'm up & running now with the help from guys from CNCZone & The MachSupport forum

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks View Post
    Thanks hlopezho, but I'm up & running now with the help from guys from CNCZone & The MachSupport forum
    Well it would be nice to share that with others that might be in the same situation.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Well it would be nice to share that with others that might be in the same situation.
    Agreed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information