. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi there, i have a new bob but can't seem to figure out what the markings on the board are, my drivers have 3 wires
    P 5v D the motor has 3 wires AVI Red Com Black FWD Blue and the fan has 2
    The problem is the identification letters on the bob don't make any sense to me can anyone please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7facae7b-9c68-4180-b32a-72986d8d4220.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	20884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a6b0fc14-1339-48a9-9b25-9421010e70bd.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	20885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	20886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC 6040-2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	20887  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev2960 View Post
    Hi there, i have a new bob but can't seem to figure out what the markings on the board are, my drivers have 3 wires
    P 5v D the motor has 3 wires AVI Red Com Black FWD Blue and the fan has 2
    The problem is the identification letters on the bob don't make any sense to me can anyone please help
    Kev You need to give more info None of us has crystal balls apart from Dean.
    re the driver P = pulse or step 5V is the supply and D = direction.

But what motor are you asking about? put a link up to the manual what is the fan is it 12v etc
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive thanks for the reply, when i read it back it's not that clear.
    ill just start with the drivers, i have 3 wires as you've said pulse/step 5v, dir. the terminal blocks on the bob are labeled XN XD XS XE ( i've just put the X axis) am i right thinking XD=direction XS=step, but what does XN & XE mean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1735.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	511.0 KB 
ID:	20889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1736.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	569.4 KB 
ID:	20890  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Ok Do you have a link to the bob manual?
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Excellent find see #2 Kev
    ..Clive

see if this is any use, i have a disc but it only shows what can be connected, like drivers limit sw etc
    eBay item number:141871626968

Quote Originally Posted by Kev2960 View Post
    see if this is any use, i have a disc but it only shows what can be connected, like drivers limit sw etc
    eBay item number:141871626968
    Kev did you see the link from Saracen the answer is in post two by Dean with the connections
    ..Clive

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    That BOB looks like the zp5a-int. Quick Google search will turn up a manual for it and you might be able to find some sample connection diagrams. Each axis has three signal outputs (pulse, dir, enable) and ground. I can't remember if it can sink current or just source it but those driver connections sound as if they need the BOB to sink current (open collector output). I think I used mine to source current into driver opto-isolator inputs. I was using this with M752 (big brother of driver mentioned in link given above) but driver described by OP sounds as if its input connections are rather different.
    Last edited by Neale; 25-02-2017 at 12:32 AM.

10. by the sounds of it the driver has a common anode where the VCC (5V) is powering the opto and it is stepping when the pulse and pulled to gnd. (NPN)
    the breakout board outputs a 5V to step. (PNP)
    I think that gives you the answer to your question.
    Last edited by Gary; 25-02-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information