. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Location unknown. chaz@2b Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6118 members to the community.
    This is my first time on this forum and i need some help with the rs440-420 stepper motors that i wish to connect up to controller boards that i purchased from RoutoutCNC. these motors come with 6 wires colour coded,brown,brown,yellow,red,blue,white. I need to know which wire is which as i have no paperwork as to there use, incidently, i do have about 65 of these motors so if anyone is interested,maybe we could swap WHY?.here's hoping,chaz@2b

Might be stating the obvious here but usually RS supply data sheets for their products.

Had a quick look and found this - http://docs-europe.electrocomponents...6b8001c018.pdf

Any good??

Location unknown. chaz@2b Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6118 members to the community.
    I'm very thankfull for your reply,however I must warn you of my lack of knowledge in regards to stepper motors...zilch!!! The info does not tell me the colour use i.e direction-step and motor connections,I don't know if I would end up destroying the boards if I use the 'try it anyway'. techique, The diagrams supplied for the controller boards do not state the colour , only.. direction-step-2b,2a-1b,1a so I am at a lost which goes where. My intentions for these motors is to construct a router for helping me in my hobby of aircraft modelling cutting woods of upto 1/4" thick. I will appreciate any help to this end.chaz@2b

If you read the datasheet carefully which I attached the link to then you will see it tells you the phase colours and even shows a wiring diagram of how to wire them up.

If you are still not sure then keep asking...

What they said, but if you want more meat on the bones, here are the wire colours for your steppers for connecting up to your board...

A White
    A- Red

B Blue
    B- Yellow

The Browns aren't used (hence Kip saying ignore them). If it transpires your steppers move the wrong way, this can be adjusted with the direction setting your CNC s/w (which is what Kip said too!). In fact why am I typing this at all, oh I know...I like the sound of my own keys, click, click, clickety, click, blah blah "Nurse, more medication please"....
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 03-08-2009 at 02:29 PM.

6. In fact why am I typing this at all,
    We rely on you for translation at times ;)

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but 5mNm is about enough to pull the skin off a rice pudding so long as you get in quick before it congeals :whistling:

cheers, it takes a little while for the info to sink thru my thick porridge, i have now sused it,next bit is to couple it up to a suitable psu, i`ve noticed people mentioning computor psu any info on that line will help,is 12volts sufficient for my steppers?

9. Quote Originally Posted by chaz@2b View Post
    cheers, it takes a little while for the info to sink thru my thick porridge, i have now sused it,next bit is to couple it up to a suitable psu, i`ve noticed people mentioning computor psu any info on that line will help,is 12volts sufficient for my steppers?
    12v will work to prove the motors turn, but for any real work you'll need 24 - 36v, depending on your drivers... what drivers are you using?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but 5mNm is about enough to pull the skin off a rice pudding so long as you get in quick before it congeals :whistling:
    Maybe my translation is poor, but I though these were 70mNm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information