. .
    I'm currently in the process of finalising a purchase. I was initially under the impression this piranha router had a 5kw spindle however the seller does not know and instead sent me a photos which I can't confirm as I am very new to cnc routers.

I will attach the photos for you guys to view. Any help would be appreciated.

83-400HZ
    Pmax 3000w
    380V
    5000-24000rpm

Thank you in advance.

Tas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It says on the plate 3000W that is 3Kw Has the guy read the ampps at 5.5A
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive,

Thank you for the quick response. And the search continues 8(.

It's a sad day and such a hard time trying to find a decent machine on a budget hehe.

Thanks again Clive.

It's also 380V spindle so you'll need 3 phase power or Rotery Converter. The spindle will come Speed controller or VFD but this will still need 380V input voltage so can't be run on 230v Ac mains.

Thanks jazz. I have 3 phase so that won't be to much of a problem.

What my issue is I want to cut some aluminium here and there and as this machine is a piranha 1325-3 radecall suggests bigger kw spindles.

Mainly however I will be cutting plastics but still would like the option of cutting some soft metals.

Thanks for the info though guys.

3Kw is more than enough for cutting aluminium with tools upto 10-12mm. The important bit with aluminium is chip clearance and lube.
    Woods and materials that produce dust don't get along very well with Aluminium as needing coolant makes for horrible sticky mess.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-03-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Here's the machine. Comes with a vacuum pump, dol starters, dust extraction.

I'm a sign maker so will be cutting out letters from plastics and wood. Like I said just would like the capability to cut some aluminium.

I'm thinking it will go for 8k. Wants 8k for it.

What do you guys think?. Radecall say they will look after the machine should anything go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SignManTas View Post
    Here's the machine. Comes with a vacuum pump, dol starters, dust extraction.

I'm a sign maker so will be cutting out letters from plastics and wood. Like I said just would like the capability to cut some aluminium.

I'm thinking it will go for 8k. Wants 8k for it.

What do you guys think?. Radecall say they will look after the machine should anything go wrong.

Don't see it.?

Sorry, I thought it was attached. Try again.

Last edited by SignManTas; 03-03-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Thread Information