. .
    Hi
    I use external switch for reset (NO) instead of dragging mouse and reset on Mach3 screen (Emergency Mode Active - please press RESET)
    I would like to use illuminated switch with 24V led, connected to designated output pin.
    I can not find the the script or code to get that light blink like it does on mach screen - reset button.
    Any idea how to do it please?

Thanks
    Tom

Have you seen this thread?
    https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=15167.0

I think you cannot program that blinking as mach3 disables all outputs when in reset condition. You need to have the output signal inverted to turn on the light when it is low.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to paulus.v For This Useful Post:

tom what controller are you using.?

I would look at using a Brain. It should be easy enough
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 04-03-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    tom what controller are you using.?

I would look at using a Brain. It should be easy enough
    I use CSMio/iP-M

So far I use NC contact in Enable Relay (charge pump) - simply switching +24Vdc to blinking diode.
    So when relay is not made - reset condition NC contact make led blinknig and opposite:) (old school)

Paulus.v is correct no matter what sophisticated script or code we use outputs are disabled in reset mode - so I try piss against the wind here.

Dean do you have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    Paulus.v is correct no matter what sophisticated script or code we use outputs are disabled in reset mode - so I try piss against the wind here.

Dean do you have any idea?
    Ah but he's not using the IP-M so can't talk directly to the controller like you can and bypass Mach3. Now your going to see little of the beauty of Cslabs controllers.

To do this you need to turn on Macro pump option in mach3 config and use macro to talk directly to the controller to tell it to turn on the output when goes into reset. You will need to re-start mach3 after selecting macropump.

Here's one I created to watch cycle start, feedhold and reset then turn on outputs when active. You can use it for the same job just don't use the cycle, f-hold outputs.
    I've set it to use output #1 but you can change it to any output# you want to use by opening file and changing the constant "idleresetlamp" found near top of file.

Don't change the file name it must be called Macropump and put it in the Macro folder for each profile that uses it.

Let me know if any probs but use it at your own risk I take no responsabilty if doesn't work or messes up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Dean

I follow your suggestion and got it light flashing before Reset is pressed.

I changed output pins. So far output 0 is taken by HV Enable, output 1 by spindle relay, and I did not want to change it, only added output 3 for 'Lamp Idle / Reset', so when 'Lamp run' spindle should start
    Here is what I changed in pin configuration
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	1031 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	21261

In General Configuration Run Macro Pump is ticked.
    in Output Signals Charge Pump signal is used with Port 10 and Pin Number 24, (Output 3, manual page 11)

Had to replace my blinking Led to standard one:)
    I presume this macro is kind of light tower?

Light stays on after reset, which is kind of industrial standard for reset condition.
    How to disable that light?
    What have to be changed in script please?

in Output Signals Charge Pump signal is used with Port 10 and Pin Number 24, (Output 3, manual page 11)
    Tom Charge Pump and Macro pump are completely different things so if you have set the Charge Pump Output this could be why having troubles.
    Charge pump isn't used with Cslabs so clear this Output.

I presume this macro is kind of light tower?
    Yes this is stripped down light tower code.

Light stays on after reset, which is kind of industrial standard for reset condition.
    How to disable that light?
    What have to be changed in script please?
    Shouldn't do that it should go off. Clear the Charge pump output above and see if turns off.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 25-03-2017 at 09:57 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Shouldn't do that it should go off. Clear the Charge pump output above and see if turns off.
    It did not, but not a problem as I changed IdleResetLamp to false when in 'Idle' so light goes of now.
    I modify the GetTickCount CurrentTime and LastTime so lamp flashes exactly like in Mach3

Thanks Dean like always great help from you

Will start another threads about outputs, pins, terminals:)

Thread Information