. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Guys
    Been having some issues regarding my Combination Woodworking Machine(Spindle Motor wouldn't start) seem to have sorted it but during inspection i took the Start switch to bit's to check it out, points are goosed so would like a replacement, contacted a Robland Stockist and they want £58 + £8.50 postage for same, is this a reasonable price for what seems to be a relatively simple switch ?. I tried searching for it (Salzer T220) but cumming up short. switch is semi rotary two wires in/two out, normally open and contacts make with rotary motion and the motor starts, switch then returned to N/O position.
    If anyone knows a better description than start switch i might have some chance of finding one @ a better price.
    Regards
    Mike
    Name:  Start-switch-11.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  3.5 KB
    Last edited by mekanik; 05-03-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Cam switch, something like.... http://www.easyflip.co.uk/CPC_Digita...gue/?page=3517 ?

Bit confused with your description - I understand you to mean that you rotate the switch to start the motor, then the switch returns to the NO position? - spring loaded? - or - is it simply a two-position on/off switch?

Hi Doddy
    Yes switch is spring loaded to be normally open, rotate to start the motor, then when motor is up to speed switch returns to N/O.
    Mike

So, a momentary cam switch....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ON-OFF-ON-...25.m3641.l6368

Though I can't quickly find a single-throw switch, you could ignore the second position.

Hi Mike,

You might get some joy here http://www.kempstoncontrols.co.uk/T2...zer/sku/161939 There might be more significant information required. Dunno !

They are probably worth talking to.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 05-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Doddy/cropwell
    Thanks guys will go for the Salzer T225 as this is the original as fit,i also have one on the other side of the machine for when i am planing, and would like them both identical.
    Regards
    Mike

Thread Information