. .
    Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Hi All,

I moved to New Zealand 5 years ago. My belongings inc my CNC router only arrived recently . Now I'm set up again but totally out of practice and forgot a lot that I need to teach myself again. I was no expert to begin with but Ok for being self taught.

I run Mach3 .Version R3.043.062 I have an issue I remember having last time I used it that I need to sort before I start again. Maybe simple ?.

In the middle of milling product, if I notice something is not quite right with the toolpath or I need to pause the program momentarily, I use FeedHold. As I understand it, after I want to continue the process I press Cycle start again. But then something disastrous happens and the spindle moves or jumps to a different part of the nc file and the tool crashes into the vice or other part of the product . Un-related to where it was left off. Maybe I have a setting in Mach3 ticked or un-ticked that is causing this?

Also another small issue was my nc file and mach3 had conflicting Safe Z points. What is the simplest way to keep this a standard ? Keep the Safe Z dictated in Mach3 or in the .nc file ?
    Last edited by dudz; 18-04-2022 at 04:14 AM.
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Not sure if this may be of any benefit for you but when I cycle hold I always restart it from a known safe point such as a straight line or Safe z so I know it wont plunge into stock by accident. A pain but I think there is a better work around from the more knowledgeable wizards on here!

Thread Information