. .
    Hi all. Trying to decide on a breakout board for my mill. I will be running a uc300eth controller and 3 em806 drives. I would like suggestions as to what board to buy. I have about £50 to spend would especially like to hear from jazz and ger21 cheers all

Gerry is probably the best to answer this because he's got more experience/connections with uc300eth. However for me the things to look for are one that can use 24v for inputs and is powered by 24V not 5v or from USB. Unfortunately don't think £50 is going to buy one that will have these features.!

Personaly I will only use Cslabs controllers on machines I build so don't have this problem and rarely buy Bob's these days. If I was it would probably come from PMDX in the states as they are the only BOB I've used and not had issues with.

Let me jump on this request also... so Jazz I ordered 5 x AM882 drives at your suggestion, now I'm in the same boat as John but using the UC400ETH, need 4x regular channels ( one of them slaved ) another for 5th axis which I may or may not end up using, Spindle control, limit switches, and I wanted to drive some DC-AC relays easily using the breakout board, so if I receive error command from AM882's , or hard limit then my software will deactivate the realays. I will have the CNC water cooling pump, and Woodchip exctractor running on the "reset" relay. And a seperate e-stop signal going to the spindle inverter to stop it.

Is this the daddy I need " http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-126
    I noticed it accepts 26 volt also

Quote Originally Posted by dachopper View Post
    Let me jump on this request also... so Jazz I ordered 5 x AM882 drives at your suggestion, now I'm in the same boat as John but using the UC400ETH, need 4x regular channels ( one of them slaved ) another for 5th axis which I may or may not end up using, Spindle control, limit switches, and I wanted to drive some DC-AC relays easily using the breakout board, so if I receive error command from AM882's , or hard limit then my software will deactivate the realays. I will have the CNC water cooling pump, and Woodchip exctractor running on the "reset" relay. And a seperate e-stop signal going to the spindle inverter to stop it.

Is this the daddy I need " http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-126
    I noticed it accepts 26 volt also
    Yes that's the Daddy I'd use if was needing a BOB.
    Regards the Relays and faults/safety then you need it the other way around where they drive software not the other way around. Have the Drive fault output control a relay which then E-stops the system dropping the latching circuit so kills power to drives and also informs software/controller this happened. This is the only safe way to do it never rely on software for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    Hi all. Trying to decide on a breakout board for my mill. I will be running a uc300eth controller and 3 em806 drives. I would like suggestions as to what board to buy. I have about £50 to spend would especially like to hear from jazz and ger21 cheers all
    Sorry, I missed this.
    I'm using a MB2 with my UC300. It's an awesome breakout board. The downside is that the MB2 is made to mount to a Smoothstepper, so you'll have to mount it off to the side, or make a mounting plate, something like this.
    http://www.cncroom.com/break-out-board/smooth-stepper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UC300-MB2.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	21061

It's going to run a little over your budget, but you've already spent a considerable amount on your drives and the UC300, so a little more won't kill you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB2-1.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	315.6 KB 
ID:	21062
    Last edited by Ger21; 12-03-2017 at 01:57 AM.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information